Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Robinson Armiment XCR MWS....

Feedback Score
    I was considering that was his "issue", but since I have heard of no problems with the canal, and experienced none (I have a KFG vg "knock off", same design), I just don't see it being a problem.

The same person who reported the KFG problem on another board, also said that he tightened it again, and has had no play since. He first said that the grip slid all of the way off. This problem was posted probably a year ago, and it's the only instance I have heard, which I personally attribute to him not tightening it the first time.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Some guy had one in class yesterday. It dropped out due to double firing, I think. But he had another XCR that he finished the class with.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    That was a problem on the very first releases (serial numbers in the 100's, not many at all actually got out, only 50 or so and there is a list on their website if you see the guy again), and there has been a recall on it.

I do have over 10,000 trouble free rounds through my XCR though, and can attest to it's durability.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    other than it being front heavy and a heavy trigger pull, its a great gun, and mine will shoot any crap i put through it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    AND Bill Springfield can fix the trigger on them for pretty cheap.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ITSTOCK View Post
    (serial numbers in the 100's, not many at all actually got out, only 50 or so and there is a list on their website if you see the guy again
    I doubt I'll see the guy again. He bought it off one of the auctions. I'm sure he'll get in touch with the manufacturor since it was a new gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Some guy had one in class yesterday. It dropped out due to double firing, I think. But he had another XCR that he finished the class with.
    when i first got mine back from Bill Springfield mine would double fire, the disconnector wasn't put back in right

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    The friction lock folding stock was designed by RobArms after taking operator (USA & USN) input on cold weather & low visibility operations. When a carbine is pulled from concealement, or slung folded while skiing/climbing(gloves), one need to get the stock out fast with minimal gross motor skills.

They should have used a passive detent to hold the stock. The user could pull the stock open with a firm tug.

With this method, the user would still have instant opening without manipulating a mechanical latch.

This would be more secure than a friction hold. The friction hold will get worn out over time and loosen up.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    They should have used a passive detent to hold the stock. The user could pull the stock open with a firm tug.

With this method, the user would still have instant opening without manipulating a mechanical latch.

This would be more secure than a friction hold. The friction hold will get worn out over time and loosen up.
    I believe the intent was more that it is now a movement operation, you can swing the stock open without moving the hand back to the stock to release it. It's how most of the rifle was designed, you can do almost everything while ready to fire.

If you ever played with folding stocks like that on the ZM LR300, or in general, the ACE folder, you really start to appreciate the Rob ARms folding stock design when compared side by side.

If you have, I apologize, but have you had the chance to handle an XCR? Your opinion would most likely change on the folding mechanism.

Feedback Score
    ......but his post was from June 2006. Two years ago his comments may have been appropriate.....
    Thank you.

I'm quoting that again as I'm sure someone will be along to call me names over my two year old post.

Oh, and the rails are still out of spec. I can shoot with a non channeled rail system bare handed, but I can't with the "canal" rails. I can't remember the last time I shot a railed rifle with out a VFG, but it's still a possible issue to me. That and I think the canal looks really dumb.

And if someone gave me an XCR I'd run it. I really like the way they look with short barrels too.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast