Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Hills 5.56mm 77 gr TMK and 69 gr TMK Review

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Another notable, but should be obvious with the SD's Mark posted, the ammo shot sub moa. It also shot sub moa out of my SPR Reece ish guns. One has a Centurion barrel and one has a NOVESKE. Both 16 inch tubes.

I think my Noveske is so nasty dirty it took about 30 rounds burnt through it before the groups tightened up. It didn't shoot great, so I went back to our house load, shot like shit, .....asked Mark shoot it a while. Then at the end, it shot a nice sub moa group. Time to bore swab that bad boy.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    It's good to see you give Black Hills a shot, as long as you don't go all out full gueer and start using Sprinco springs and LWRC piston rifles.
    I had to put some Springcos into a few of Pappabear's guns. I thought about throwing them out and subbing correct springs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I had to put some Springcos into a few of Pappabear's guns. I thought about throwing them out and subbing correct springs.
    Wow, that's bad but Pappabear has always been a bit more of a hippie than you... Are those the Sprinco springs that that "enabler" Iraqgunz gave you guys?

I only buy Colt springs.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 03-28-17 at 10:44.

Feedback Score
    Pappabear, did you get a chance to chrono it out of your 16" guns?

Have you guys had a chance to test any of the other popular faux MK262 loads? I was all about my Defender stuff but the velocities seem a little low compared to the real thing...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfk4lyfe View Post
    Pappabear, did you get a chance to chrono it out of your 16" guns?

Have you guys had a chance to test any of the other popular faux MK262 loads? I was all about my Defender stuff but the velocities seem a little low compared to the real thing...

We are going to do that next just confirm data. But we did it on the first run of BH stuff and it was solid.
    We will run 16, 14.5, 11.5, 10.3 and post.

We were thinking about doing them with and without cans.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-28-17 at 18:11.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    All he would have done is put them in his guns. He loves my Sprincos , I saw his eyes when he looked at them. Can't fool a Pappabear.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfk4lyfe View Post
    Have you guys had a chance to test any of the other popular faux MK262 loads?
    We haven't. When you can load your own, it's not often that you buy very many factory loads. If I saw some of the options locally, I'd pick up a box or two to play with. Oddly enough.. I hate going into gun stores.
    Last edited by markm; 03-28-17 at 22:36.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I did a little bit of thread surgery here. This thread has great potential, and I'd love to see it stay on track. Thank you.

I'd also be really interested on the data from various barrel lengths, both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks. Yeah... I think Pappabear is bringing his chrono next time. My model of Magnetospeed won't work with suppressors.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks. Yeah... I think Pappabear is bringing his chrono next time. My model of Magnetospeed won't work with suppressors.
    I thought you guys had a Labradar too?
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast