Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 70 Series Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog View Post
    I had one in the 70s. They did not seem as common as the Commander, but afaik were a standard catalog listing. Came with a solid bushing as opposed to the collet on the Gov't and Gold Cup models.
    The circled area here is what I am talking about. I have since looked at a "lot" of these older commanders and have not seen the word (Model) on any of them...... This one was made in 1978. It shoots like a new one, but sights are hard to see.

Last edited by AllAmerican; 10-15-08 at 19:43. Reason: spelling
    If you want God To smile, Tell him your plans....

Member, Force Recon Association
    HR 218 Certified
    Former USMC 0311/8654

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    The circled area here is what I am talking about. I have since looked at a "lot" of these older commanders and have not seen the word (Model) on any of them......
    The word "Model" is common if not standard on a gun for that vintage. I looked through the photo catalogue I have gathered over the years and every Combat Commander has a the word "Model" after it as do many of the Lightweights that I have photographs of.

As I said before, I believe it's standard for your gun... or as standard as anything Colt has made can be.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post
    The word "Model" is common if not standard on a gun for that vintage. I looked through the photo catalogue I have gathered over the years and every Combat Commander has a the word "Model" after it as do many of the Lightweights that I have photographs of.

As I said before, I believe it's standard for your gun... or as standard as anything Colt has made can be.
    That is good news! Thanks for the information. I really like the pistol.

Jack
    If you want God To smile, Tell him your plans....

Member, Force Recon Association
    HR 218 Certified
    Former USMC 0311/8654

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12