Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue MBT Trigger Problem

Feedback Score

LaRue MBT Trigger Problem

Hi,

Just installed a brand new Larue MBT trigger group on a brand new Daniel Defense DDM4.

What's happening is it seems to hang up on the first stage and not allow hammer to drop when in semi.....

Does even seem to always give a first stage when it does fire......

When it hangs if I switch to safe then back to semi it fires. But about 1 out of 10 times the trigger feels locked up; no movement at all....Feels like the hammer goes down to far....

Looks right to me...

trigger.jpg

Feedback Score
    Second install feels smoother but here's what's happening

If I keep pressure on the trigger preventing itr from resetting then let off it does not reset. I have to manually push the trigger forward to get it to reset....

This aint right....

Feedback Score
    Second install feels smoother but here's what's happening

If I keep pressure on the trigger preventing itr from resetting then let off it does not reset. I have to manually push the trigger forward to get it to reset....

This aint right....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

LaRue MBT Trigger Problem

You are experiencing interference with your ambi safety lever.

If you read the directions that came with the trigger you will see it is designed to work with MILSPEC safeties only.

As it is now, it is not safe and the trigger can release by operating the safety.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-12-22 at 20:02.

Feedback Score
    Duplicate
    Last edited by Whalstib; 02-12-22 at 20:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    You are experiencing interference with your ambi safety lever.

If you read the directions that came with the trigger you will see it is designed to work with MILSPEC safeties only.

As it is now, it is not safe and the trigger can release by operating the safety.
    It was just the trigger failing to reset. It would stay back. The selector DD uses is Mil spec I'm sure...Ambi. Selecting safe would not allow to fire but reset the trigger

I tried it with the heavier spring and perfect.

Would this indicate anything I should be concerned about?

[EDIT] Is an ambi selector "standard"? The instructions just say "standar"... I can't imagine how a ambi differs aside from the ambi selector...working parts should be the same....
    Last edited by Whalstib; 02-12-22 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whalstib View Post
    It was just the trigger failing to reset. It would stay back. The selector DD uses is Mil spec I'm sure...Ambi. Selecting safe would not allow to fire but reset the trigger

I tried it with the heavier spring and perfect.

Would this indicate anything I should be concerned about?
    Ambi is not Milspec. Please proceed with EXTREME caution.

I had to put a non ambi safety in mine in order for it to be safe and function as designed.

I’d hate for something terrible to happen.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Your hammer spring is installed wrong(the legs should come from the bottom not the top). Could be causing issues and your trigger pin will walk.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Ambi is not Milspec. Please proceed with EXTREME caution.

I had to put a non ambi safety in mine in order for it to be safe and function as designed.

I’d hate for something terrible to happen.
    Thanks but aren't ALL triggers designed for standard milspec to begin with?

I'm curious how the working part of the ambi is different from the standard selector?

I think switching the selector simply released some pressure and allowed the trigger to reset. It would NOT allow it to fire in safe position. So it performs its function.

I'll order up a standard one though and maybe try the lighter spring.

One good thing is the first install took 15 minutes and the third about 5 minutes! SO I know how to do it now!

Oddly the hammer spring came installed backwards...I'm 100% sure it's properly oriented and matches all the literature and photos I can find.

Thanks again...

Any other thoughts more than welcome! If going BANG at the wrong time is even a remote possibility I'd like to cover all bases!

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    KIMG1436~2.JPG

It needs to look like this.
    You have the legs of the hammer spring holding active tension on the trigger pin and it won't walk.

It's common for lotsa folks to do it, I hear about it through light primer strikes and walking/lost pins. Easy mistake to make if you don't know about that.trigger~2.jpg
    Last edited by elia.jon1; 02-12-22 at 21:06. Reason: Didn't type words and added a picture of your trigger

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast