Thread: QD "Holes" On M'-Lock....

Feedback Score

QD "Holes" On M'-Lock....

Hi,

Sorry for an incredibly basic question but search terms to vague to give me an answer.

I have a new Daniel Defense MMD4 with an M-Lock rail. There are several round holes that sure look like QD mounts BUT none of my QD's will work in them. The go in, perfect fit, but do not lock.

Since most QD mounts stand proud enough of the surface to not need a specific spot relieved I'm at a loss for what these round QD lookin' holes are for....

I had a DDM4 pistol with M-Lock and was sure my sling worked in these holes.....maybe I got lucky and they just held somehow bit the new one the QD's pop out with minimal effort.

Sorry my experience with M-Lock is minimal....

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Do your QD's work in other mounts and holes? I usually don't use the QD on MLOK rails as most aren't rotation limiting, but I've never run into this issue. I have only owned a DD in 308 w/MLOK, but never had this issue.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I might be wrong, but I believe you need to have their QD mount to utilize the holes;

https://danieldefense.com/mfrtm-rail...ing-mount.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like you can add a QD spot, but the barrel nut is too thick to allow for proper QD mounting. So it means the rail does not come with a QD mount.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Our MFR Rails that come on all V7 variants have 6 holes (3 on each side). These are the locations for mounting our MFR QD Plate. The QD plate must be used in these locations for the attachment of a swivel.

https://danieldefense.com/mfrtm-rail...ing-mount.html
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com