Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: On loose carrier key screws

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Our upcoming SBCG (Secure Staking, Slick side BCG) will be incorporating Ned's OCKS. They are indeed the heart of the SBCG (Secure Staking), the Slick side aspect of the SBCG is minor. Sionics will stake the gas keys for us, also using one of Ned's industrial staking machines.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Our upcoming SBCG (Secure Staking, Slick side BCG) will be incorporating Ned's OCKS. They are indeed the heart of the SBCG (Secure Staking), the Slick side aspect of the SBCG is minor. Sionics will stake the gas keys for us, also using one of Ned's industrial staking machines.
    Interested. Tell us more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I’m running on an hour sleep, but I’m not able to gather a mental pic of where you are going with this. Aside from the staking it part.....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

This is an SBCG (Secure staking, Slick Side BCG) prototype.

The prototype doesn't have the gas key installed. As stated earlier, the secure staking aspect is the heart of the SBCG. SBCGs will be sent to Sionics to have OCKS installed and staked, also using Ned's industrial strength staking machine.

The serrations you see (or might have missed) are the "slick side" portion, for folks with uppers sans a forward assist. The area forward of the two gas vents can be used to push the carrier forward, the serrations simply make doing so easier than a finger pushing on a normally smooth surface. I've downplayed this part of the SBCG, because it is a minor change/improvement, we've seen such implementation on some G3 carriers, and the half moon shape cutout on the UMP bolt carrier serves the same purpose.

Despite the assertion that the area is meant to be used as a forward assist, I disagree, I'll need to take this up with Chris Bartocci to get the real answer. It's concave to accommodate the ejection port's spring loaded ball bearing "bump", I don't believe it was designed for a finger to push on it. Nevertheless, it does have the shape to be used in that fashion, so we added serrations to make pushing on it easier.
    Last edited by Duffy; 11-03-17 at 11:06.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A year later, SBCG that uses Ned's OCKS are finally released.

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    I was looking forward to the dimpled version. I couldn't believe how quickly it sold out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's the dimpled version

IM inbound
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    'Em 'r nice!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Here's the dimpled version

IM inbound
    I see one of these in my future.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ned, we were hard pressed to find ways to make improvements to an M16 BCG, your OCKS was easily the must have for our vision of a BCG that's not patented by someone already. The texture (serrated or dimpled) for use as a forward assist just makes sense, combined with your OCKS, we have a viable, if and materially improved product
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast