Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: On loose carrier key screws

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Nobody ever told me not to say or had me sign NDA's but to me it's an unwritten thing and not necessary to discuss even, so..... not gonna say. "Places that care about doing it right", that's one way of saying it. :-)
    I can certainly respect that. Appreciate the response either way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nobody ever told me not to say or had me sign NDA's but to me it's an unwritten thing and not necessary .
    This is how real men who aren't weasels look at, and deal with things.

Ned is a good man.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yes, totally classy and professional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

Ned is a good man.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm proud to call Ned friend, we're careful about the company we keep, Ned is great company We're not the first to standardize on OCKS for the BCG, might be one of the early adopters, I'm glad to see more manufacturers do the same.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    More staking machines!

This is the tenth hydraulic carrier key staker, shipping next week. Two-up, rate of at least 1100 / hour if you don't take a break, etc. Hydraulic Mother Of All Carrier Key Stakers (MOACKS), I call them HydroMO.

Then the benchtop, lever-actuated MOACKS. I call it Mother Of MOACKS or-- MoMO is sorta the term around the shop. I usually quote the "theoretical" rate at ~450 and "actual" at ~350, but the one I shipped today, I ran 9 carriers through in 55 seconds, not really hurrying and with a serious fumble. That's 590 / hour. Gives this semi-circular stake which doesn't look exactly like the HydroMO's stake. HydroMO stakes are exactly to the drawing. MoMO stakes are every bit as effective but look a little different-- although the MoMO has been used in gov't contract guns (Sabre Defence for one, in their Navy contract).

Feedback Score
    MoMO stakes are every bit as effective but look a little different
    Awesome. Any way to replicate this look to the staking at home? It sure is pretty.

Feedback Score
    More staking machines!

This is the tenth hydraulic carrier key staker, shipping next week. Two-up, rate of at least 1100 / hour if you don't take a break, etc. Hydraulic Mother Of All Carrier Key Stakers (MOACKS), I call them HydroMO.

Then the benchtop, lever-actuated MOACKS. I call it Mother Of MOACKS or-- MoMO is sorta the term around the shop. I usually quote the "theoretical" rate at ~450 and "actual" at ~350, but the one I shipped today, I ran 9 carriers through in 55 seconds, not really hurrying and with a serious fumble. That's 590 / hour. Gives this semi-circular stake which doesn't look exactly like the HydroMO's stake. HydroMO stakes are exactly to the drawing. MoMO stakes are every bit as effective but look a little different-- although the MoMO has been used in gov't contract guns (Sabre Defence for one, in their Navy contract).
    I really need one of those MoMO's

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Looks just like the stake job on my lastest SIONICS BCG.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

Ned is a good man.

Those stakes sure are perdy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Probably a good idea.

What mystifies me though are the keys that come loose despite the staking being intact. I think this has to be due to the torque being way off in either direction, and I tend to think they're probably way over torqued. I also wonder about the lack of gasket sealing and how that affects it. Makes one wonder if loose keys are a combination of way over torqueing them, not sealing the key, and maybe even cheap fasteners on top of that.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast