Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dpms recon ??,

Feedback Score

Dpms recon ??,

Looking for someone with some knowledge on one of these rifles. A buddy has one that he's been blowing primers with Blew the tip off a firing pin. And blew a charging handle in half. All done with factory hornady ammo. Sent it back to the factory and they had there engineers look at it for about 4 months and found nothing wrong He wants to know what he can change to make it reliable. Heavier buffer spring. Heavier buffer. Adjustable gas block.??? Just looking for ideas now

Feedback Score
    Bump to top

Feedback Score
    What about a company for aftermarket parts??

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    IIRC the DPMS Recon has a SS barrel with a true .223 chamber. Is he using .223 or 5.56 spec ammo? That would explain the blown primers, but the other issues are a major concern.

DPMS rifles are also notoriously over gassed so an H or H2 buffer would be a good start.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Dpms recon g2 is a .308 cal

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Its a dpms....not worth using up bandwidth here to discuss....
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kgj1119 View Post
    Looking for someone with some knowledge on one of these rifles. A buddy has one that he's been blowing primers with Blew the tip off a firing pin. And blew a charging handle in half. All done with factory hornady ammo. Sent it back to the factory and they had there engineers look at it for about 4 months and found nothing wrong He wants to know what he can change to make it reliable. Heavier buffer spring. Heavier buffer. Adjustable gas block.??? Just looking for ideas now
    I don't know about that model, but wanted to say if it's blowing chunks off the rifle, I'd quit shooting it. Not being a dick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Absolutely zero reason to own a DPMS in 2017. At one point years ago there weren't many .308 AR options so it was kinda understandable for a range gun.
    Not today.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Absolutely zero reason to own a DPMS in 2017. At one point years ago there weren't many .308 AR options so it was kinda understandable for a range gun.
    Not today.
    Oh. I hear ya. One of my buddies owns it and is having problems. He doesn't want to sell it so I figured I'd help him find a solution to fix it. I hate those thing

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    A 308 AR in the $1K range.... you get what you paid for...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast