Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul CTR Stocks

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Magpul CTR Stocks

These babies are finally out! The CTR's in Foliage Green match the TD FG pretty well (as does the BFG Vickers Sling).

C4

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Any comparison pics of the TD and Magpul Foliage Green?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    Come on brother, I hate having to hunt for the cheese.....How much are you asking for these babies?????

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been running one for months, and they are solid, comfortable, well built stocks.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Are the CTR's designed to fit non-milspec tubes out yet or are these just for the milspec ones?

Feedback Score

old vs. new

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman
    I've been running one for months, and they are solid, comfortable, well built stocks.
    is the CTR a better, or new and improved product over the M93B?
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero
    I'd say no, as the M93 allows a consistant cheek weld for nose to charging handle shooters. The CTR is the entry model, which competes with traditional collapsing stocks (IE; Standard M4, CAR, VLTOR, SOPMOD, etc.).

The UBR is the M93 replacement.

Now we just need to convince Rich to do full productions of the proposed Magpul lower. They look like they were meant for the VLTOR MUR.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero

No, its not a M93 replacement. The M93 was built like a battering ram, and while the CTR is tough, its not setup the same.

As already posted, the UBR appears to be the M93 replacement. I am quite interested in running the UBR on my weapon, shooting the hell out of it, taking pics, and beating on it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    If they manage to make an improvement on the M93B i'll be impressed. I love the one I have. Solid, comfy, good styling, well built, customizeable... the list goes on and on.

Stickman you should do the test with the UBR, it'd be very interesting. Plus they you have a 'legit' reason for buying one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwood83
    If they manage to make an improvement on the M93B i'll be impressed. I love the one I have. Solid, comfy, good styling, well built, customizeable... the list goes on and on.

Stickman you should do the test with the UBR, it'd be very interesting. Plus they you have a 'legit' reason for buying one.

Thanks, I have to remind myself whenever I get new equipment to take pictures of it first, then go play with it and abuse it. I think the UBR will sweep away the M93, but thats another thread. The CTR is a great stock, and its what I use on both my duty and training carbines.

Here are a few pics of the CTR after a training day and a quick clean up. You can see its not really phased by the abuse.

Stick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast