Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: SiCo Tri Lug Adapter very loose

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    217
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have not used the new SiCo Mount but I’ve used the Griffin tri lug which is comparable. The Griffin works amazingly well and contrary to earlier posts locks up very snuggly on my Octane.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Barre, VT
    Posts
    7,217
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

    SiCo Tri Lug Adapter very loose

    Quote Originally Posted by st381183 View Post
    I have not used the new SiCo Mount but Ive used the Griffin tri lug which is comparable. The Griffin works amazingly well and contrary to earlier posts locks up very snuggly on my Octane.
    Thanks. I have the new SiCo Mount inbound. The savings in length is what interested me. Are you using the Griffin on a SiCo?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 12-09-17 at 23:21.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    64
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've read far too many problems with both the long and short versions of the SilencerCo 3-lug, so I've stayed away entirely. I use a Griffin Armament 3-lug and a Rugged 3-lug. I believe the Griffin is the more stable design between the two on paper, but in usage I've found them to be equal. The Griffin mount is about an ounce heavier than the Rugged from what I remember.



    New Rugged on the left, heavily used Griffin on the right. See how the Rugged uses an O-ring, and has one point of contact between the inner piston and the outer module? Versus the Griffin, which has two points of contact between the piston and the outer module, and doesn't need an O-ring. I've dedicated my Rugged 3-lug to my SilencerCo Omega 9K, where it lives on my semi-auto MP5K-PDW, and my Griffin 3-lug to my SilencerCo Octane .45, where it will live on my full-auto Sten Mk. II. If you want the absolute lightest mount, I would buy the Rugged. If you want that extra peace of mind, I would buy the Griffin. Both have worked flawlessly for me, and lock up tight.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Barre, VT
    Posts
    7,217
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPurpose View Post
    I've read far too many problems with both the long and short versions of the SilencerCo 3-lug, so I've stayed away entirely. I use a Griffin Armament 3-lug and a Rugged 3-lug. I believe the Griffin is the more stable design between the two on paper, but in usage I've found them to be equal. The Griffin mount is about an ounce heavier than the Rugged from what I remember.



    New Rugged on the left, heavily used Griffin on the right. See how the Rugged uses an O-ring, and has one point of contact between the inner piston and the outer module? Versus the Griffin, which has two points of contact between the piston and the outer module, and doesn't need an O-ring. I've dedicated my Rugged 3-lug to my SilencerCo Omega 9K, where it lives on my semi-auto MP5K-PDW, and my Griffin 3-lug to my SilencerCo Octane .45, where it will live on my full-auto Sten Mk. II. If you want the absolute lightest mount, I would buy the Rugged. If you want that extra peace of mind, I would buy the Griffin. Both have worked flawlessly for me, and lock up tight.
    Thank you. I was concerned about using another companies mount on the Silencerco can.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    217
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Thanks. I have the new SiCo Mount inbound. The savings in length is what interested me. Are you musing the Griffin on a SiCo?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes, I exclusively use the Griffin tri lug on my Octane45 HD without any issues. In fact I bought two Griffin tri lugs so I can keep my Griffin Optimus and Octane range ready! The post from GeneralPurpose is dead on. I find my Rugged tri lug just fine for my Obsidian45. The only reason I have a SiCi tri lug at this point is I was buying accessories during my year long wait.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Barre, VT
    Posts
    7,217
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by st381183 View Post
    Yes, I exclusively use the Griffin tri lug on my Octane45 HD without any issues. In fact I bought two Griffin tri lugs so I can keep my Griffin Optimus and Octane range ready! The post from GeneralPurpose is dead on. I find my Rugged tri lug just fine for my Obsidian45. The only reason I have a SiCi tri lug at this point is I was buying accessories during my year long wait.
    Mine is the Octane 45 and I have a 9mm Omega in jail. I think if I had a 9mm Octane Id have had a baffle strike. It really sucks!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    I know this is an old thread but it is one that is very valid.

    I had baffle strikes on my Obsidian 9 using a SilencerCo AC2447 (their Alpha 9mm tri-lug). Upon closer examination, it uses only 1 point of contact at the O-ring (imagine the Rugged design shown above but without the second point of contact). It allows the suppressor to laterally wobble enough for the alignment rod to contact the end cap and baffles.

    The Rugged version is actually worse for me. I bought a new one because I wanted to find a replacement for the SiCo. The Rugged has 2 points of contact, but the O-Ring contact is sloppy and the second point of contact is super loose in the piston cage of the Obsidian 9. So when I check the lateral play/wobble of the Obsidian 9, its even worse than SiCo.

    Here I have the latest Griffin tri-lug. It is super tight and uses 2 points of contact inside its own housing. It is a near interference fit. There is still some lateral play/wobble with the suppressor, but the alignment rod won't contact the end cap or baffle. The Griffin spring is also super heavy and requires a bit of muscle to engage/lock the suppressor in place. I don't feel this is a bad thing.

    I contacted Rugged about their tri-lug slop and they claimed that when firing, the suppressor is pressed forward and not to worry about the wobble or lateral play when shooting.

    Resilient has a Titanium Tri-Lug for Bravo Threads but they claim its designed for smaller lugged barrel adapters. My Hansohn Brothers uses a 0.29"-0.30" wide lug, and they said it wouldn't fit their tri-lug.

    My Hansohn Brothers tri-lug adapter measures 0.590" at the muzzle, while the piston/insert IDs for:

    SiCo: 0.5945"

    Rugged: 0.593"

    Griffin: 0.593"

    At this point I would not recommend trying the SiCo or Rugged mounts and to just go with the Griffin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    Rugged, KVP, and SiCo alpha trilug mounts are trash. They wobble enough for baffle strikes because they use an Oring at the piston insert so it allows the can to tilt due to the squish. So much wobble that the alignment rod would smack against the baffles and end cap.

    Griffin is the only one that had the least wobble for Alpha threaded adapters. YHM is the same way for Bravo threaded adapters. Both use a piston insert that does not have an Oring. YHM uses an Oring on its tail cap but that is just for support. Doesn't have as much to do with the spring as you'd think.
    Resilient has a titanium Bravo trilug but they said it won't work with wider lugs found on hansohn Brothers and other adapters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •