Thread: surprising poll of Pa hunters on semi-auto

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

surprising poll of Pa hunters on semi-auto

Dang, my old home state, 52% strongly oppose semi-auto for hunting big game! Double Dang.

Commissioners abruptly reversed their preliminary vote in January to permit the use of semiautomatic rifles for general hunting uses, amending the measure to ban the sporting arms for big game but permit their use for small game and furbearers, such as foxes and coyotes.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/sta...ersion=pgevoke

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It sounds like they tailored the survey to fit their agenda.

"Staff conducted a random sample mail and internet survey of 4,000 hunters. More than half responded."

So only 2,000 responded. Assuming the 2,000 that didn't respond didn't mind hunting with semis or are indifferent what does that tell you?

Also this quote is pretty telling.

"Junior license holders were not surveyed. Nor were military hunters and holders of state game land shooting range permits.

“Those are the ones who are more likely to want to use semiautomatic rifles, and they weren’t included,” said Mr. Levdansky. “I don’t know why they were left out, but if [commissioners] wanted to show support for their plans for full use, they made a big mistake.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Fudd still runs deep and wide out here. It would have been a near thing even if they didn't select the respondents to secure a specific result.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    The Fudd still runs deep and wide out here. It would have been a near thing even if they didn't select the respondents to secure a specific result.
    Look how many years it took for the approval of in-line ML's. I just don't understand my PA friends and family. Shit, I have a Pa cuz, who was in the Corps doing the height of Nam and is against private ownership of AR's.

Feedback Score
    pennsylvania people are strange.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by travistheone View Post
    pennsylvania people are strange.
    Well I won't argue that. The PGC sent the survey to pre-selected people. 4,000 of which 2,000 responded. They got the answers they wanted. The PGC is a corrupt band of FUDDS. They are control freaks also.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Fudd's gonna Fudd I guess.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”