G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What To Do With A Busted Garage Door Opener?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    I was working on a trolley that ran along the ground with the motor pulling/pushing it. That would make target weight almost a non-issue but the current set up seems to work just fine.
    If you ever go back to the trolley, consider hooking the target up to a wheel in a reciprocating arrangement. That would turn the target into a bobber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mast pics. Bracket is 1/4" dowel pinned to patio umbrella tube and lag bolted to horizontal stick.

Male/female joint of tube with 1/4" pin to locate it. Tubing is extremely thin and presented some welding difficulties on the trolley. It's stuck but not pretty. Thin tube keeps it light though.

Same picture as above but in negative. Maybe between the two you can make out what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    If you ever go back to the trolley, consider hooking the target up to a wheel in a reciprocating arrangement. That would turn the target into a bobber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just envisioned a solid tire in the 8" range with a bolt drilled through the tire to act as a crank. A rod connected between the tire bolt and target frame would make it dance right along. I like that idea.
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 04-05-17 at 17:07.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Muahhahahah

The opener target is finalized and ready to go.

I've got a few more movers I could get in the mix. One thing I've learned though is the longer the line of targets activating each other the possibility of a stage failure increases greatly.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Badass!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I realize this is an older thread, but its back up top and i just noticed it, and this looks like an awesome idea. Something to look at (if you decide to buy another unit) for easier portability would be a door opener with a battery backup. Mine has a 12vdc sealed lead acid battery as a backup that is good for a few openings during a power loss. No reason that battery couldn't be replaced with a larger one for all day use. It also has a built in charger to keep it topped off and uses a standard power cord for 120vac power. Got it on sale ~$175 at a big box store. There are also ones that use a power tool (ryobi, maybe?) battery for backup.
    nothing screams napoleonic warfare more than cannons roaring in the background

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12