Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What To Do With A Busted Garage Door Opener?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    I was working on a trolley that ran along the ground with the motor pulling/pushing it. That would make target weight almost a non-issue but the current set up seems to work just fine.
    If you ever go back to the trolley, consider hooking the target up to a wheel in a reciprocating arrangement. That would turn the target into a bobber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 12-04-22 at 00:26.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 12-04-22 at 00:26.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Badass!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I realize this is an older thread, but its back up top and i just noticed it, and this looks like an awesome idea. Something to look at (if you decide to buy another unit) for easier portability would be a door opener with a battery backup. Mine has a 12vdc sealed lead acid battery as a backup that is good for a few openings during a power loss. No reason that battery couldn't be replaced with a larger one for all day use. It also has a built in charger to keep it topped off and uses a standard power cord for 120vac power. Got it on sale ~$175 at a big box store. There are also ones that use a power tool (ryobi, maybe?) battery for backup.
    nothing screams napoleonic warfare more than cannons roaring in the background

Feedback Score
    Thanks for these recommendations. Our garage has two lightweight aluminum doors, each with a 1/2-HP Craftsman opener, I believe from around 1995. Both openers have their share of problems & need to be replaced. So I reed recommendations what brand/model I should look for. Actually I’m not interested in any major door/opener remodels, just looking to replace these cheaply, but also don’t want junk that won’t last. These reviews help https://indoor2outdoor.com/liftmaster-vs-chamberlain/ but need some real life experience
    Last edited by RonaldOO; 02-01-21 at 03:08.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12