Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Short Barrel: What would you do?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    pump-action shotgun ....... it does not need to be "aimed", but rather "pointed" toward the threat.

I keep both a 12ga shotgun as well as a 5.56 in my home for defense, but my go-to gun is the shotgun, hands down.
    Well said, but that is why WE do more range time with Carbines and Handguns, right??.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    I get positive comments on my wood all the time.
    It looks similar to mine. I'll have to get a pic uploaded. I do love the classic look of the wood furnature. It gives it that old Sheriff's Office look.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We have started to build some SBS’ for work and after a lot of T&N here is what the deep thinkers settled on…. They were all assembled on standard Remington 870 Police guns with a parkerized finish…

Remington factory 14 inch barrel with rifle (night) sights and a mod choke
    Surefire fore-end tac light
    Scattergun (Wilson) “fixed” front swivel
    Scattergun (Wilson) jumbo safety
    Generic six shot side saddle from Brownells
    Speed-feed pistol grip stock, youth length (13inch LOP with no internal magazine, and install uncle mikes 1 1/4" swivel on top at the 12 o’clock position)
    Vickers Blue Force tac-sling

They work great in and around obstacles and houses, or during vehicle assaults…

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    What dealers have the 14in REM 870 in stock?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BUCK, or anyone else, can a choke be added to a factory Remmy 14" 870 Barrel that came with imp. cylinder choke?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by geezerbutler View Post
    BUCK, or anyone else, can a choke be added to a factory Remmy 14" 870 Barrel that came with imp. cylinder choke?
    Well you have a few options if you have a fixed choke Remington 870 barrel and you want a larger choke… What ever you do, I would call around and find a professional shop local to you who works on quality bird guns and have them do the work…

1) Have the IC choke opened up to CYL…

2) Have the factory barrel threaded for the Remchoke system and buy a complete set of chokes ( FULL, MOD, IC, CYL, and RFL) for your gun…

B

P.S. Don’t shoot 3” magnum slugs through the FULL remchoke…

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just a note to all....

Please stay on topic... If you wish to discuss the merits or negatives of using birdshot as a home defense load please do so in a new topic…

B

Feedback Score
    Threads get detracked all the time at M4C. There are better ways to deal with it than arbitrarily destroying work that I put time and thought into. I can't remember seeing this happen much before, if ever. Is poofing now the default solution? If so, a warning would be appreciated so I can at least save my work.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyRoller View Post
    Threads get detracked all the time at M4C. There are better ways to deal with it than arbitrarily destroying work that I put time and thought into. I can't remember seeing this happen much before, if ever. Is poofing now the default solution? If so, a warning would be appreciated so I can at least save my work.
    If your work is important to you perhaps you should save it on your own computer before posting.....
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123