Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rifle Scopes for 3-Gun

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRT2 View Post
    May want to rethink the FFP. As an example, the Vortex Razor HD GEN II 1-6 is second focal plane.
    You are correct 99% of 3-gunners use second focal plane scopes.

Feedback Score
    Don't think the stiener p4xi has been mentioned yet. I don't own one, but have read a lot of positive things. It's a 1-4 and has daylight bright reticle for sound 500

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Don't think the stiener p4xi has been mentioned yet. I don't own one, but have read a lot of positive things. It's a 1-4 and has daylight bright reticle for sound 500
    It is a lot of scope for the money. You usually get a decent throw lever with it as well. Pretty much the only <$500 low power variable worth owning I think. If I was buying a scope to get someone into the sport, that would be it.

For the rest, Kahles and Swarovski are kings of the hill. Had a Kahles K16 and a Leupold Mark 6 1-6 for a while, and found the K16 much better for this use and kept it around. The Vortex Razor is excellent, but heavy and the zoom ring is very stiff.

Would like to try the newer Trijicon Accupower 1-8. Looks like sensible reticle options with decent illum that at the same time don't require illumination to be useful.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I was shooting my first match next weekend I would start with the Steiner P4Xi 1-4x24 or the or the Vortex Viper PST Gen II 1-6x24.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123