Thread: Question about mag pouches for handgun

Feedback Score

Question about mag pouches for handgun

Hi. Im putting together my first belt setup for IPSC production shooting. Trying to keep costs low. I have a Uncle Mikes duty belt and inner belt (my used belts from my police duty gear) and Im going with the safariland 5198 holster with midride attachment.
    Now looking for mag pouches and have my eyes on blade tech signature pouches. I have 5 mags so I want to get 4 pouches.

Most setups I see have single mag pouches, why is that? I was thinking of getting 2 double mag pouches to carry my 4 spare mags (again to keep costs low)

What do you guys think, 4 single mag pouches or 2 double?

Feedback Score
    Singles give a bit more flexibility on placement? I'd think doubles would be better because there's less chance for it to shift but I don't know and that's just a thought that comes to mind. Good luck figuring it out. Let us know what you do and how it works for you.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    In kydex, with thinner belts on a skinny person, single mag pouches may follow your body’s curvature better than multi pouches. Not relevant with other materials. Aditionally, single mags can be easier to organize around belt loops, if you put them straight on your pants belt. Probably not a real issue. I haven’t had a problem, personally.

I use a pair of double tacos on my USPSA setup. More than enough for Production. A double and a single are fine.

I am very far from a top level competitor; YMMV.

Feedback Score
    Thank you guys for your replies. I think I will try it with the double pouches and see how it goes. I'll post a pic when its setup

Feedback Score
    I use singles for idpa and uspsa. Im using the ready tacticals and have been very happy with them:

https://www.skdtac.com/Ready-Tactica...-p/rdt.103.htm