Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock 26 Light Use

Feedback Score
    Crimson Trace has a new option- Lightguard, model 777. I've been pretty happy with Streamlights and most people seem to share those sentiments, so I'm sort of leaning towards the TLR-6. Just wondering if there are any other options out there that should also be considered.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm sure if it has been mentioned but the Viridian REACTOR RTL Gen 2 is another option and it comes with an "instant-on" holster.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input. TLR6 came in today and installation was a breeze. Five minutes later, it was good to go. Initial impressions: fit and finish are good, looks like it's designed for the G26 rather than an afterthought. Activation button takes a conscious reach and extension of the index finger, but it's totally doable. Light is only 100 lumens which will probably be adequate, but not what I'd want if I'm outside investigating a threat. May report back after some night testing and zeroing the laser this weekend, weather permitting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tower59 View Post
    Lights seem to be evolving quickly. Anyone have any new preferences for a Glock 26 light in 2019?
    I have been given a TLR-7. I am going to experiment with a ReCover Tactical rail and this light on my Glock 27. I have a TLR-6 on it now but it is going to my G26 if the new set up looks promising. I will say that my TLR-6, for me, was/is a great addition. I just don't need the 7 on anything else.
    Last edited by UTShooter71; 03-01-19 at 09:33.

Feedback Score
    Cool, hadn't seen the Recover rail system before. Looks like a slick way to use standard rail mount lights. I think the TLR6 is a smaller system that might be better for concealed carry. Once installed, it looks like it's truly part of the gun from the factory.

I got the TLR6 zeroed tonight at the range on the G26. I have never shot with a laser before, and let me just say that it's a huge plus in the dark. When it gets harder to see your sights, the laser is really easy to acquire. The light is acceptable for standard pistol ranges, but really not ideal for much past 50 yards. But, I don't anticipate using a pistol defensively at that range anyway. Really happy with the purchase!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    FWIW, I had a TLR 6 on a 43 and did not like it at all. I sold it here for a loss.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    FWIW, I had a TLR 6 on a 43 and did not like it at all. I sold it here for a loss.
    That is too bad. I have one on my Glock 27 and really like it. It has been more than enough light to clear a house on a warrant service and a read life saver. I'm just messing will the TLR7 and my Glock 26 because it is a safe queen I don't really shoot it to much anymore.
    Last edited by UTShooter71; 03-03-19 at 17:59.

Feedback Score

ReCover Glock 26 rail and a TLR7

I just wanted to add that this was a no-go. The light would not fit the rail. Although after some back and forth with ReCover they came out with a video showing how to mod one of the TLR7 keys to work with their rail but, to me, it looks kind of goofy. The rail seems nice but now I have to find a tiny light to go on it. They recommend a Olight PL-2 Valkyrie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123