Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JP tuned spring in A5 buffersystem

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Without confirmation from JP you have not corrected anything.
    Again, when I asked them in January 2020, their response was that their springs were made from rocket wire, not stainless.

Have they told you otherwise? Or do you have some other reason to think the springs are stainless?

You’ve provided nothing to support your assumption. At this point I’m thinking you’re just trolling.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Alright. I wipe down the action spring with a generous coating of CLP so I don't see why it would corrode before the BCG. In a marine environment a complete hard chrome or nitride BCG seems prudent.
    I’m not sure why they do, but CS Sprinco action springs rust before almost anything else will in my weapons. Colt ones or Tubbs stainless ones never do. The old Tubbs CS springs also rusted quickly for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlew View Post
    Again, when I asked them in January 2020, their response was that their springs were made from rocket wire, not stainless.
    Post the email you got from them then.

Bet you don't...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’m not sure why they do, but CS Sprinco action springs rust before almost anything else will in my weapons. Colt ones or Tubbs stainless ones never do. The old Tubbs CS springs also rusted quickly for me.
    If anyone here is riding them hard and putting them away wet - That would be you sir.

Well done in my opinion.

There are guys that read about shooting on the internet and then there are guys like you that - Actually shoot guns.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Even with CLP I presume? Do you avoid CS springs now?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I tried Sprinco and rusted them in short order but the ARs they were in live in non-climate controlled places on the coast.

The outside of the spring rubbing on the tube is not going to have any oil on it. I think the inside of the tube is a corrosive environment due to condensation and fouling residue.

If you want reliable and no rust, use what militaries around the world are using with great success: Colt carbine springs and H or H2 buffers.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Correct on both counts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123