Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JP tuned spring in A5 buffersystem

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I did not say a stainless action spring is necessary. There are different levels of corrosion resistance within "stainless" steel but the JP spring does not appear to be any form of it, and is not claimed to be. However I see rust on all sorts of things in coastal towns that I don't inland and it is entirely reasonable for some users to want additional corrosion resistance like the Colt spring provides.
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Absolutely NO rust was observed on the Ken Elmore extractor spring, or the Colt action spring, even when white paper-towels were roughly swabbed over their surfaces.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    There are different levels of corrosion resistance...
    My experience actually having and using them both in firearms and keeping as spares does not jive with what you seem to have been led to believe.

I could understand a pile of bad reviews steering someone away from even trying a product but you are basing your conclusions on ONE. With no pictures or evidence provided to support any of the claims.

And then you spread that stuff you think you learned like it is fact...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You appear to be accusing WS6 of lying or deception. Do you have any evidence of that here or anywhere?

Curlew also confirmed the JP spring is reactive while a Spikes 17-7 spring is not. It is not a stainless spring. What is your grievance about this?

I have a JP Tuned & Polished spring on order. I doubt corrosion will be any issue at all where I live and how I intend to use it.

Feedback Score
    I have a JP Tuned & Polished spring on order. I doubt corrosion will be any issue at all where I live and how I intend to use it.
    No dishwasher test???

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'm guessing a degreased BCG will fail any dishwasher or saltwater test. If BCGs don't rust with proper maintenance, I would think most people's spring would be fine. Are there factors I'm failing to account for?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am not here to defend the dishwasher test. I just wanted to correct the statement that the JP spring is stainless. Is there something wrong with that?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I am not here to defend the dishwasher test. I just wanted to correct the statement that the JP spring is stainless. Is there something wrong with that?
    Not in the least bit, and I appreciate you sharing the information. My post was a separate musing since several threads as of late have addressed action springs rusting.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Alright. I wipe down the action spring with a generous coating of CLP so I don't see why it would corrode before the BCG. In a marine environment a complete hard chrome or nitride BCG seems prudent.

Feedback Score
    Without confirmation from JP you have not corrected anything.

If you do happen to contact them - Please let them know about your dishwasher test. Very curious how they respond to that one. LOL!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    DG23, are you just trolling me now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast