Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 277 Wolverine General Thoughts and Experiences?

Feedback Score
    Very interested in the subsonic performance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Very interested in the subsonic performance.
    I'm hoping the Berger will seat okay. The ogive might be into the case mouth to get 2.26in overall.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's another bullet I'm interested in playing with. Will there even be room for powder?

This is the 200gr Woodleigh 270 bullet shown compared to a Speer 90gr Gold Dot. The Gold Dot looks tiny and ridiculous next to the Woodleigh.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here's another bullet I'm interested in playing with. Will there even be room for powder?

This is the 200gr Woodleigh 270 bullet shown compared to a Speer 90gr Gold Dot. The Gold Dot looks tiny and ridiculous next to the Woodleigh.

Think you can stabilize that monster?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Think you can stabilize that monster?
    The first few rounds will be shot without a can, that's for sure. But I think it'll work okay.

The bullet is sold by Bison Arms as a subsonic bullet for the 6.8 SPC.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That's half the trick for subsonics, taking up most of the excess case capacity.

Then a small charge of medium burning powder like H4895 can be used that still cycles the action while staying subsonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Last edited by Clint; 03-23-18 at 23:10.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This stuff kind of fell off the radar for a couple reasons. Time to get back with it!

I have a few subsonic loads made up using 1680 and LT-30 and will hopefully try them this weekend. I've used both powders in the 277 before but mostly for supersonic loads. 1680 works pretty well for supers. LT-30 is a bit slower and didn't give me the performance I was hoping for. But it might work well for subs. I also have some 5744 I need to mess with.

The Berger bullet isn't going to work, unfortunately. Seating to mag length pushes the ogive below the case mouth.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dang. I'm not sure why I haven't stayed up with this. Hopefully this weekend I'll load a few more rounds and then update you all. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A quick update.

I have been playing with a 130gr BTSP hunting bullet and had my load worked out where I wanted. Loaded up about half a mag and took these to the range to test fire.

The load is a little hot. Primers are pretty flat and a few cases have some decent swipes. I'll back it off .2 grains and see what that does.

This "hot" load is pushing the 130gr to a pretty consistent 2,200 fps from my 12.5" so I'm hoping I'll still be pretty close to this velocity without the pressure.

Not too shabby for a fairly heavy bullet from a fairly short barrel.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    130gr at 2200 FPS out of 12" is better than 7.62x39 in effeciency.

:thumbsup:
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast