Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russia testing new 6.02x41 to counter NGSW

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Russia testing new 6.02x41 to counter NGSW

Pretty interesting, even if you dislike Russia.

Use your favorite website translator to read:

https://www.kalashnikov.ru/shestyork...atron-6-02-41/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post

It's interesting, but Russia cannot even field all of their "new" technologies in Ukraine so I'm not sure how the development of this will go
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    It's interesting, but Russia cannot even field all of their "new" technologies in Ukraine so I'm not sure how the development of this will go
    Very true. They also seem to depend heavily on export orders to keep things programs going.

Feedback Score
    Very true. They also seem to depend heavily on export orders to keep things programs going.
    That makes sense. As I say that all the sudden India could adopt 6.02x41 in small batches
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Call me overly skeptical, but I'll believe this has any merits when we actually see any data or testing on it. 6.02x41 likely lacks any real power or mass increase necessary to penetrate armor. Also considering how badly the Russians managed to screw up the AK-12, I doubt this will see any fielding for a decade even if it does work.

Not sure if it was a translation error on Google's part, or if the author just talked in circles, but there was a surprisingly small amount of actual information there.

Though I did have to laugh at the inevitable "uncontrollable in full auto" argument that inevitably pops up for the 6.8x51. Auto is so rarely used by Big Army that is isn't worth mentioning. The Russians likely put a far higher emphasis on it than we do, but mag dumps seem to be the order of the day with them.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Call me overly skeptical, but I'll believe this has any merits when we actually see any data or testing on it. 6.02x41 likely lacks any real power or mass increase necessary to penetrate armor.
    I agree. At least on the surface, it seems like a ridiculous round. Russia is trying to "out-retard" America on stupid new cartridge ideas, I guess.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Call me overly skeptical, but I'll believe this has any merits when we actually see any data or testing on it. 6.02x41 likely lacks any real power or mass increase necessary to penetrate armor. Also considering how badly the Russians managed to screw up the AK-12, I doubt this will see any fielding for a decade even if it does work.

Not sure if it was a translation error on Google's part, or if the author just talked in circles, but there was a surprisingly small amount of actual information there.

Though I did have to laugh at the inevitable "uncontrollable in full auto" argument that inevitably pops up for the 6.8x51. Auto is so rarely used by Big Army that is isn't worth mentioning. The Russians likely put a far higher emphasis on it than we do, but mag dumps seem to be the order of the day with them.
    Indeed, every video out of Ukraine has both sides using full auto far more than they should.

But you can tell when you watch ones that were NATO trained. They even often have NATO weapons.

I think the whole armor thing is over blown. This will likely have a very high BC and be able to put rounds on target just as well as the NGSW at infantry fighting distance.

However the NGSW-FC will give our guys a big advantage in the event of an actually long range shootout.

Feedback Score
    Mass isn’t what penetrates armor, in my experience. It is speed. I’ve also seen lots of steel targets shot through cleanly by fast 6mm rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

You might be mistaking 6.02x41mm for something else. If you were thinking 6.7 thats no where near .277 Fury in terms of muzzle energy since size wise it would sit in between 7.62 NATO and 5.56

From left to right. Experimental cartridges 6.7×45mm, 6.5×39mm and 6.02×41mm

The 6.02x41mm sits squarely next to the 6.8 SPC and the 6.5 Grendel in terms of cartridge size.

If anything is going to be close to .277 Fury its the 6x49mm Unified which was developed during the Cold War. Notice they also did something to the base of the cartridge maybe to deal with more pressure. Hmm, makes you wonder who is copying who. Remember nothing is new, ideas just get rehashed over and over.

6x49mm

Sits right in between 5.45 and 7.62x54r
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 12-29-23 at 19:55.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Russians believe that 6.8x51/.277 Fury is over powered for an infantry round.

This is an attempt to increase the performance in the assault rifle class without needing a full battle rifle.

From recent evidence I tend to agree with them.

The FN LICC is a better balance in my novice opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast