Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 277 Wolverine General Thoughts and Experiences?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Did MicroMOA go out of business? I can't seem to find the website.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Oh man. I guess so. There was speculation for a while because their inventory was going down and never getting replenished. I guess it finally happened. Bummer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Oh man. I guess so. There was speculation for a while because their inventory was going down and never getting replenished. I guess it finally happened. Bummer.
    I found a post on arfcom regarding his current status. Family issues have taken priority so production of the Govnah has been suspended until further notice.

That's too bad as something like this would probably be just the ticket. But I'll figure something out.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I pulled the gas block and measured the port with a drill bit. It looks like the port is 1/8in! According to MDWS (per a PM exchange off another forum) the barrel should be ported at .075. I'll see if I can't maybe warranty the barrel either through MDWS or X-Caliber.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If the warranty bit doesn't pan out, you could just try this: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...IY-manufacture

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the idea of the shim since it is a simple "set and forget" deal.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    An insertable gas port would be the go-to solution IF barrel replacement is not an option.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    An insertable gas port would be the go-to solution IF barrel replacement is not an option.
    I did buy this barrel used. Now the previous owner swore he never did anything other than mount the barrel and shoot a few rounds through it. Did he port it out trying to get it to work unsuppressed with subs? Or was this a facfory boo boo that got accidentally ported with a 300BLK drill?

Anyway I'll give X Caliber a call and see what they suggest. Might as well try.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One thing we learned through the 6.8 winefest is not to get hung up on wildcat velocity expectations. Loading to "pressure signs" is not the same as loading commercial ammo safely.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    One thing we learned through the 6.8 winefest is not to get hung up on wildcat velocity expectations. Loading to "pressure signs" is not the same as loading commercial ammo safely.
    That's for damn sure. There are still guys on 6.8 forums lamenting the performance of the factory 6.8 ammo even after Western Powders did tests that showed no significant performance advantage with the SPCII chamber.

I handload for two reasons.

One is ecomony although that's becoming harder and harder to do with some of the ammo deals lately from places like SG Ammo.

Secondly is for accuracy although I don't shoot much off the bench nowadays.

Makes me wonder why I reload at all. I guess I enjoy reloading as a hobby. This brings me to the 277 Wolverine...

Last edited by Tokarev; 05-01-17 at 15:55.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    That's for damn sure. There are still guys on 6.8 forums lamenting the performance of the factory 6.8 ammo even after Western Powders did tests that showed *no significant* performance advantage with the SPCII chamber.
    Are you guys saying if 6.8 SPC1 ammo and barrels were to finally disappear (since they never should've existed anyway since apparently Remington submitted to SAAMI an incorrect chamber spec instead of the proper, as designed SPC2 chamber spec) and only SPC2 barrels and ammo loaded to safe factory specs existed that there would be minimal gains in velocity and energy?
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast