Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 277 Wolverine General Thoughts and Experiences?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hey tok,

The graph that really persuaded me is that at 400 yards the 277 is only like 10" lower than the 223. Thats flat enough and is a bigger projectile. At 2-300 yards the difference in drop is negligible. I guess this really might be the do-it-all intermediate round. SBR, subsonic, and great terminal performance.

If i ever get into reloading I'll try and build a 277 upper.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The new barrel is back from H&M. I had it treated in Black Nitride. It is now a very deep rich black.

The upper is re-assembled and ready for the range. I hope to have some updates very soon. Especially now that the weather is getting nice.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I shot five rounds over the chrono this morning with three rounds fired into 10% gel from Clear Ballistics.

These rounds were loaded with a Nosler 90gr bonded using mixed headstamp brass and a charge of CFE BLK powder. Average muzzle velocity was 2322fps with an SD of 40.8. Not too shabby from a 12.5in barrel! Primers look okay and I can probably bump up the powder just a bit.

Penetration in gel from 10ft was right at 22in. Bullets expanded to right at half an inch and had an average retained weight of 88.5gr.

Please see the photo below. The top bullet actually curned off course a bit on its way through the gel. It skimmed the edge of the block for a couple inches before popping out the side of the block. I believe this is why the wound track is a bit deeper. Had the bullet traveled straight and true I think it probably would have stopped at about 22in like its brethren.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The three recovered bullets.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Those bullets look like text book expansion. I'm impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This load should expand out to about 200 yards. And it'll be about seven inches low at that distance with a 100yd zero. Probably a pretty decent deer load.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How much extra velocity in a longer barrel, say a 14.5" or 16"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    How much extra velocity in a longer barrel, say a 14.5" or 16"?
    Seems guys are getting pretty close to 2600fps out of those lengths.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hey can you throw a pic up of the permeant wound cavity and neck length?
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Hey can you throw a pic up of the permeant wound cavity and neck length?
    Here you go.

There is some stuff visible on the other side of the block that was made by 9mm HST. But you should be able to see the three Wolverine tracks pretty well.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast