Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590 Shockwave

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The Remington Tac 13 makes more sense to me if I were to go that route (but more $), but shooting from the hip with a shot gun, a pump especially, is movie nonsense:

I have a strange desire to do this with a Browning B2000...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 11-15-18 at 13:04.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus long View Post
    Application: Home/RV defense.
    I am thinking of Shockwave or TAC13/14 with a suppressor for hearing, and laser to help with aiming. Obviously, an across the room weapon. I'm thinking that 20 gauge may be the way to go for control of follow-up shots and low wall penetration. Slugs for critter penetration in camping areas. Hearing is a concern, so even a suppressed 5.56 pistol may be too loud. Suppressed 300 Blk subsonic, current solution, may present wall penetration issues in an RV camping area. Yes, I want it all without compromises. Doesn't hurt to ask. There may be a solution out there that I'm not aware of.

What is the group consensus?
    You are going to have a turd on your hands with a suppressed shotgun. A suppressed pistol would be a lot more practical.

Feedback Score
    I just purchased one of these for my collection. It's probably not very practical, but the thought of how liberals would react to seeing one makes me happy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    You are going to have a turd on your hands with a suppressed shotgun. A suppressed pistol would be a lot more practical.
    Other than perhaps length and weight, what makes a suppressed shotgun a turd? Is your advice based on personal experience? Not trying to be argumentative here, just seeking useful information to make a decision.

I may consider the VEPR and Saiga, but I don't want cost to get out of control.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Other than perhaps length and weight, what makes a suppressed shotgun a turd? Is your advice based on personal experience? Not trying to be argumentative here, just seeking useful information to make a decision.

I may consider the VEPR and Saiga, but I don't want cost to get out of control.
    Yep... Length and weight will do it every time. Unless you know something I don't the Salvo 12 is you only option. 12" long and over 2 pounds at the worst possible place.. The end of the barrel. I wouldn't consider a Shockwave as a HD weapon. It's better than nothing but not by much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Yep... Length and weight will do it every time. Unless you know something I don't the Salvo 12 is you only option. 12" long and over 2 pounds at the worst possible place.. The end of the barrel. I wouldn't consider a Shockwave as a HD weapon. It's better than nothing but not by much.
    Good points. In the close confines of an RV I think that length becomes a significant drawback. I didn't realize that the Salvo is that heavy. Everything is a compromise to some degree.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Good points. In the close confines of an RV I think that length becomes a significant drawback. I didn't realize that the Salvo is that heavy. Everything is a compromise to some degree.
    If you are dead set on a shotgun I would just do a SBS with a 12" stock and not worry about the noise. What is the real chance you will ever have to use it indoors? Slim to none?? You mention an RV.. I am probably the wrong person to ask but I understand crossing state lines with NFA stuff requires notice being submitted to the man. Something to consider if you travel on short notice. Maybe all you need is an 18" 591. Think about it.

Feedback Score
    I’m not yet dead set on a shotgun. I’m just looking for the most effective close quarters response that will pose the least threat to my neighbors while protecting the hearing of myself and my spouse. I’ve already lost part of my hearing, I’d like to keep what is left.

My understanding is that suppressors, unlike other NFA items, are not subject to notification requirements when crossing into states where they are legal. Hence, my reluctance to go the SBR or SBS route. If I use such a weapon, it will most likely be indoors. I’m not a hunter, so I would only need a shotgun outdoors to deal with anything posing an unexpected threat while camping.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I just purchased one of these for my collection. It's probably not very practical, but the thought of how liberals would react to seeing one makes me happy.
    Brother- not saying you have or havent, but the more you shoot this thing,the more youll discover it isnt an "un-practical" gun at all. Get out with it, run a bunch of different size loads & shot sizes..youll see like I did this thing is handy as a shirt pocket. Ive now run a couple hundred rounds of some very hard recoiling, hard hitting ammo from 00 Buck all the way up to high brass hunting loads, including many slugs..the gun WILL do its part. And ,true..there is the "OH SHIT" factor as well!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast