Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590 Shockwave

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboTBL View Post
    Attachment 58226

Tried the Shockwave brace and found that not to be quite the right brace. I decided to try the SBM4 brace. I ordered a Magpul foregrip but know I'll have to modify it since they don't manufacture one for the Shockwave. In the meantime, I also modified the standard foregrip with an AFG with rivets and JBWeld. Yes, I realize it's ugly but it's a prototype and having held it up and in position and racking the action... it feels comfortable and functional. If it doesn't work out, I'll modify the inside of the Magpul grip and run that until someone makes a better grip for it.
    How does the M4 feel on the shockwave?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    How does the M4 feel on the shockwave?
    Feels a lot better than the KAK shockwave brace felt. I'll continue to use the KAK brace on my 300 BLK and 9mm though.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Just really curious to mini sized rounds fit for this platform with adaptor, is there any info out there to make possible to really stretch an m590a1 even beyond normal capacity?

Feedback Score
    I have the Shockwave in 20ga, great gun and a blast to shoot, minimal to no recoil issues. I also have a Rem Tac14 12ga, which I really like.. both are great for in the house and carrying on the ATV and UTV. I feel they are definitely useful but also a fun toy to play with.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I really haven't seen anyone with any credibility advocating shooting from the hip with a shotgun, period, for a couple decades.
    No. Shockwaves are novelties to play with at the range . If you rely on one for you and your family's security, you will probably die.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Had a gal pal call me the other day to ask my if she should buy a Shockwave that the counter guy was talking up to her. I laughed and told her not to do it.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    No. Shockwaves are novelties to play with at the range . If you rely on one for you and your family's security, you will probably die.
    Okay, aside from the fact that you chose a year-old post to comment on, where did you see me advocating relying on a Tac-14 or a Shockwave for HD?

As far as me dying, you don't actually know that much about my experience with shotguns to make such and assumption, do you?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I finally got to shoot one. About what I expected. The gun worked perfectly with several brands of shells.

It shot high, so a deep 6 o'clock hold is necessary by 15 yds.

Working the action is (even) slower than a pump with a stock because if your firing non-low-recoil shells the fore grip is yanked from your hand when you fire.

Gloves are a huge help, but most of us aren't wearing gloves right when we need a gun.

While I didnt have a problem with the rear grip I can see how eventually there would be an issue where your firing hand slips and the safety cuts you bad. I would place duct tape over the safety to prevent that or smooth it up some to prevent this.

Pushing the gun out and using the bead works fine. At 15 yds (the furthest I fired) putting slugs in a head target is easy.

Inside about 10 yds its easier and faster to just aim and shoot from hip / stomach level. Really. If you can throw a ball and hit a person in the chest from 10 yds in you can do the same with this shotgun.

Yea, Its not a bad weapon at common household ranges. It's easy to store nearby and ready, too. I reccomended lower-recoil ammo though.
    Last edited by Ron3; 11-13-19 at 09:24.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Okay, aside from the fact that you chose a year-old post to comment on, where did you see me advocating relying on a Tac-14 or a Shockwave for HD?

As far as me dying, you don't actually know that much about my experience with shotguns to make such and assumption, do you?
    You'll die if you carry S&W j-frame too.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    You'll die if you carry S&W j-frame too.
    If you carry less than me, your a fool and dont take self-defense seriously, your gonna die in the streets.

If you carry more gun than me your a paranoid fool and your self-defense scenarios are just unrealistic action-movie role-play that will never happen.

😄

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast