Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590 Shockwave

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Brother- not saying you have or havent, but the more you shoot this thing,the more youll discover it isnt an "un-practical" gun at all. Get out with it, run a bunch of different size loads & shot sizes..youll see like I did this thing is handy as a shirt pocket. Ive now run a couple hundred rounds of some very hard recoiling, hard hitting ammo from 00 Buck all the way up to high brass hunting loads, including many slugs..the gun WILL do its part. And ,true..there is the "OH SHIT" factor as well!
    I will second everything he says. Bought one for fun, found it to be much more handy then I thought it would be.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Brother- not saying you have or havent, but the more you shoot this thing,the more youll discover it isnt an "un-practical" gun at all. Get out with it, run a bunch of different size loads & shot sizes..youll see like I did this thing is handy as a shirt pocket. Ive now run a couple hundred rounds of some very hard recoiling, hard hitting ammo from 00 Buck all the way up to high brass hunting loads, including many slugs..the gun WILL do its part. And ,true..there is the "OH SHIT" factor as well!
    3” buck was fun.... 2 3/4 Winchester Ranger 00 is pretty mild. XS Big Dot is a must, mine hits high without it, as is stippling the grip but it’s one handy little boat gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    3” buck was fun.... 2 3/4 Winchester Ranger 00 is pretty mild. XS Big Dot is a must, mine hits high without it, as is stippling the grip but it’s one handy little boat gun.
    Looking forward to getting a Big Dot myself. Ive got some grip tape on mine helps a little. Would love to see a pic a stippling if youve got some.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Looking forward to getting a Big Dot myself. Ive got some grip tape on mine helps a little. Would love to see a pic a stippling if youve got some.
    What’s the new way of attaching photos without photobucket?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm a tad confused by the interest in this gun. Shot guns with pistol grips are as old as the hills. Not sure what makes this one any different.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm a tad confused by the interest in this gun. Shot guns with pistol grips are as old as the hills. Not sure what makes this one any different.
    Two things Will.. The Mossberg with a pistol grip won't make the minimum length with a 14" barrel. The Mossberg safety is difficult to use with a pistol grip.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Two things Will.. The Mossberg with a pistol grip won't make the minimum length with a 14" barrel. The Mossberg safety is difficult to use with a pistol grip.
    Thanx! That at least makes more sense as to the interest.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It is a little bitty thing... Most importantly to me is the grip angle. A normal pistol grip shotgun kicks straight back, this one goes muzzle up when shot, allowing you to actually get a sight picture without losing teeth.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    It is a little bitty thing... Most importantly to me is the grip angle. A normal pistol grip shotgun kicks straight back, this one goes muzzle up when shot, allowing you to actually get a sight picture without losing teeth.
    Years ago at our local range we had a group Rangers shooting a PG shotgun. 3 left with busted lips and 1 missing a tooth. They thought it was funny. Even the ones that got hurt! I guess that's a good thing.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast