Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590 Shockwave

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I bought one yesterday as an impulse buy since I'm back in a free state. It strikes me more as a open land type gun than actual range gun, but its just cool to have. I want to put the ergo adapter and an SBA3 on it.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Haven't shot one, but have shot 12 gauge "cruisers. " shockwave looks like the Taurus Judge of shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Recently bought one when brownells had them for $299. Put a crimson trace sidesaddle on it so I could tell where it's pointed. Loaded up with 8 minishells, it's a hoot to shoot. So, long story short, toy. But, I have plenty of other stuff for serious work.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    I'd love to have a Shockwave, but Oklahoma Law prevents it without NFA paperwork.
    Necropost, I know, but does the passage of SB 24 now mean that the Shockwave is legal in OK? I've got an SBS 590A1, but I have thought about getting a Shockwave in the event I'm in OK and don't have an approved travel form from ATF.

ETA: Everything I was finding was prior to April 2019, but this indicates that the Shockwave and similar are now legal in OK and the state law now follows Fed law in regards to these.
    http://news.nasgw.org/news/firearms-...slation-update
    Last edited by m24shooter; 07-18-19 at 14:17.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
    Necropost, I know, but does the passage of SB 24 now mean that the Shockwave is legal in OK? I've got an SBS 590A1, but I have thought about getting a Shockwave in the event I'm in OK and don't have an approved travel form from ATF.

ETA: Everything I was finding was prior to April 2019, but this indicates that the Shockwave and similar are now legal in OK and the state law now follows Fed law in regards to these.
    http://news.nasgw.org/news/firearms-...slation-update

From what I understand, they will be legal Nov. 1st along with Constitutional carry.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faultline View Post
    From what I understand, they will be legal Nov. 1st along with Constitutional carry.
    Bueno. I may have one by then.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    IMG_0840.jpg

Tried the Shockwave brace and found that not to be quite the right brace. I decided to try the SBM4 brace. I ordered a Magpul foregrip but know I'll have to modify it since they don't manufacture one for the Shockwave. In the meantime, I also modified the standard foregrip with an AFG with rivets and JBWeld. Yes, I realize it's ugly but it's a prototype and having held it up and in position and racking the action... it feels comfortable and functional. If it doesn't work out, I'll modify the inside of the Magpul grip and run that until someone makes a better grip for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This is on my to-buy-soon list...lol

Feedback Score
    Fudd gun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saywhen11 View Post
    Fudd gun
    Definition of a Fudd: Slang term for a "casual" gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment. These people also generally treat owners/users of so called "non sporting" firearms like handguns or semiautomatic rifles with unwarranted scorn or contempt.

The 590 Shockwave and similar firearms are the antithesis of Fudd guns. A Fudd would not own such a gun because they're not good for hunting or shooting clays. A Fudd would not own such a gun because they view it as being a work around of legitimate federal NFA restrictions. Mostly, a Fudd would not own such a gun because he thinks it looks mean and has no legitimate purpose except killing people.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast