Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590 Shockwave

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    SBS starter kit.

Just add a stamp and a 12" LOP hogue stock.
    Last edited by jandbj; 05-01-17 at 21:42.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd love to have a Shockwave, but Oklahoma Law prevents it without NFA paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014 Oklahoma Statutes
    Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
    §21-1289.18
    DEFINITIONS

A. “Sawed-off shotgun” shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than eighteen (18) inches in length, and using either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion.

C. Every person who has in his possession or under his immediate control a sawed-off shotgun or a sawed-off rifle, whether concealed or not, shall upon conviction be guilty of a felony for the possession of such device, and shall be punishable by a fine not to exceed One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00), or imprisonment in the State Penitentiary for a period not to exceed two (2) years, or both such fine and imprisonment.

D. It is a defense to prosecution under this section, if the approved application form that authorized the making or transfer of the particular firearm to the defendant, which indicates the registration of the firearm to said defendant pursuant to the National Firearm's Act, is introduced.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    I'd love to have a Shockwave, but Oklahoma Law prevents it without NFA paperwork.
    Is that because OK law does not include this provision: "or an overall rifle or shotgun length of less than twenty-six inches"?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJones View Post
    Is that because OK law does not include this provision: "or an overall rifle or shotgun length of less than twenty-six inches"?
    Specifically "A. 'Sawed-off shotgun' shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than eighteen (18) inches in length, and using either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion."

Overall length doesn't even get a chance to factor into the equation.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    Toy.

I have a soft spot for fun toys.

I have one with the opsol clip.

Works fine.

And I have had a 500 with pistol grip for almost thirty years.
    The point about it not being all that different, just a little handier is pretty accurate.

I am not saying one under the front seat would be useless, not more than a SA 45LC under the seat would be useless.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Specifically "A. 'Sawed-off shotgun' shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than eighteen (18) inches in length
    Yes, my state law has the same assertion, but, and here is the key the words OR less than 26" in total length. And that is the "loophole" used by Mossberg and Remington to roll out their pseudo-short barreled shotguns, and because it is not equipped with or designed to be used with a shoulder stock.

Feedback Score
    Picked mine up last night, found an old surefire forend in a box. Going to try and fit it today.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    Picked mine up last night, found an old surefire forend in a box. Going to try and fit it today.

Please post a picture of it mounted, I'd like to see it.

Feedback Score
    Thought about one of these myself just to try.

Did the measurements and found that an 18.5 in 500/870 with a pistol grip seems to be within an inch or two of a 14.5 in barrel and Raptor grip. (about 28 inches vs 26.5 inches)

Decided to pass.

The best reason to get one of these is because your going to SBS it.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJones View Post
    Yes, my state law has the same assertion, but, and here is the key the words OR less than 26" in total length. And that is the "loophole" used by Mossberg and Remington to roll out their pseudo-short barreled shotguns, and because it is not equipped with or designed to be used with a shoulder stock.
    I'm nearing the end of my second double in a row so I could be stupid right now, but I'm pretty sure, "or" wouldn't give you a loophole. I think you would want, "and".

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast