Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590 Shockwave

Feedback Score
    I just added a magpul forend that came modified from gggaz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    What is the legal status of the pistol brace and grip?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    What is the legal status of the pistol brace and grip?
    Perfectly legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Anybody shoot the 10g version? Curious if it’s more comfortable/easier to shoot and handle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    Anybody shoot the 10g version? Curious if it’s more comfortable/easier to shoot and handle.
    They make a .410, a 20gauge and a 12gauge in ascending order of size. I do not believe they make a 10gauge, if they did, I doubt it would be more comfortable to shoot since 10gauge is larger than 12 gauge.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    They make a .410, a 20gauge and a 12gauge in ascending order of size. I do not believe they make a 10gauge, if they did, I doubt it would be more comfortable to shoot since 10gauge is larger than 12 gauge.
    I meant 20G.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    My vote is "toy".

The intimidation factor is through the roof granted, but have you actually shot a 12 ga. pistol grip at speed, with OO Buck and been pleased with the results?
    From the perspective of hits on target and on the shooters end?

Shotguns have stocks for a reason.
    The Remington Tac 13 makes more sense to me if I were to go that route (but more $), but shooting from the hip with a shot gun, a pump especially, is movie nonsense:

Last edited by WillBrink; 10-20-18 at 11:01.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really haven't seen anyone with any credibility advocating shooting from the hip with a shotgun, period, for a couple decades.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I really haven't seen anyone with any credibility advocating shooting from the hip with a shotgun, period, for a couple decades.
    Either have I, but there's no lack of derpa derps who think that's how they'll use a shot gun with a pistol grip sadly. There's plenty of people to this day who think you just point a shot gun in the general direction of the BG and he's converted to red mist after flying ten ft in the air backwards.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Application: Home/RV defense.
    I am thinking of Shockwave or TAC13/14 with a suppressor for hearing, and laser to help with aiming. Obviously, an across the room weapon. I'm thinking that 20 gauge may be the way to go for control of follow-up shots and low wall penetration. Slugs for critter penetration in camping areas. Hearing is a concern, so even a suppressed 5.56 pistol may be too loud. Suppressed 300 Blk subsonic, current solution, may present wall penetration issues in an RV camping area. Yes, I want it all without compromises. Doesn't hurt to ask. There may be a solution out there that I'm not aware of.

What is the group consensus?
    Last edited by lazarus long; 11-15-18 at 11:28.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast