Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon: GL Enhanced Magazine Well for Glock

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So, YES or NO on compatability with a Gen4 G19 without backstrap? If so..which one?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    So, YES or NO on compatability with a Gen4 G19 without backstrap? If so..which one?
    Gen4 versions won't work with the backstraps "as shipped". But...the enterprising can likely easily modify the backstrap to accomodate. The polymer is easy to modify, and requires no refinishing, obviously.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Will the magwell work with Vickers base pads?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Will the magwell work with Vickers base pads?
    That is one of the base pads it is not compatible with due to the overall width of that particular pad.
    Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Darn. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    Gen4 versions won't work with the backstraps "as shipped". But...the enterprising can likely easily modify the backstrap to accomodate. The polymer is easy to modify, and requires no refinishing, obviously.
    Im sorry-let me re-ask..will it work with a Gen4 19 that does not have a backstrap? I understand it wont work on a G19 with one.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Im sorry-let me re-ask..will it work with a Gen4 19 that does not have a backstrap? I understand it wont work on a G19 with one.
    My apologies, I misread your post. We have several variants coming out later this Summer, one of which will be for a G19 Gen4.

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Anybody laid hands on these yet?

I'm intrigued, though I never thought I was suffering from SRD (LOL).

There's one review on the Brownells website, and it's not positive — the guy says it made inserting a mag more difficult, and required fitting.

Side note: This thread would see more traffic in the "Handguns" forum.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The review on the Brownells website is from a guy in San Diego, CA which means he is more than likely using 10rd magazines. The Magpul GL Enhanced Magazine Well is optimized for use with standard capacity Glock factory magazines, Magpul GL magazines, and a variety of aftermarket floorplates and extensions that are available for both. Recent generations of reduced capacity (10 rd) factory Glock magazines have several dimensional differences which may interfere with any magazine well, including the Magpul GL Enhanced Magazine Well. Some large aftermarket floorplates may also interfere.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    Recent generations of reduced capacity (10 rd) factory Glock magazines have several dimensional differences which may interfere with any magazine well, including the Magpul GL Enhanced Magazine Well...
    Ugh, I'm in California, too, and I just bought four 10-round magazines to shoot in public, and probably at USPSA matches (though it's not at all clear that my local club is going to bother anybody with standard/high-cap mags).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast