Thread: Resale value of a particular LWRC?

Feedback Score

Resale value of a particular LWRC?

I noticed this LWRC AR for only $1200. That seems cheap for such a carbine. If I bought it and decided to sell it in a couple or few years, how good would resale value be?

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...unds/p/1808362

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Impossible to say. The AR market can go all over the place, especially in a volatile political climate. markm knows a lot about LWRC, maybe he'll chime in.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowspirit View Post
    I noticed this LWRC AR for only $1200. That seems cheap for such a carbine. If I bought it and decided to sell it in a couple or few years, how good would resale value be?

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...unds/p/1808362
    Cheap compared to what? For starters, it doesn’t come with their ambi lower which commands more of a premium. Those ambi lowers are the only reason I could see going with LWRC. I don’t have any love for a candy cane barrel or gray Cerakote either.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Cheap compared to what? For starters, it doesn’t come with their ambi lower which commands more of a premium. Those ambi lowers are the only reason I could see going with LWRC. I don’t have any love for a candy cane barrel or gray Cerakote either.
    It seems cheap for that level of AR. Aren't they comparable to Daniel Defense and LMT?

I can do without the ambi lower. I don't like the appearance of the barrel but like the gray Cerakote.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowspirit View Post
    It seems cheap for that level of AR. Aren't they comparable to Daniel Defense and LMT?
    No. But their marketing is. The only things special about LWRC is their 6.8 carbine, UCIW recoil system and their ambi lower. If what you are looking at isn’t those things, it’s just marketing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    markm knows a lot about LWRC, maybe he'll chime in.
    No, he really doesn't. LWRC certainly has had their issues, but dredging up issues from well over a decade ago with completely different management teams does not provide any useful information in the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    No. But their marketing is. The only things special about LWRC is their 6.8 carbine, UCIW recoil system and their ambi lower. If what you are looking at isn’t those things, it’s just marketing.
    Eh, I wouldn't say those are the only things that set them apart. LWRC is one of the few companies that make their own CHF barrels, for example. The monoforge upper also provides a very robust alternative to the standard handguard attachment systems.

As for whether or not LWRC is comparable to LMT or DD, I certainly would not consider them as such (although LMT's QA/QC troubles in the past few years has certainly been concerning).

As noted, trying to guess the value of a rifle in a few years is a fool's errand outside of extremely well-established brands, of which LWRC is not. Guns in general as a store of value is stupid, there are far better and safer investments.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    No, he really doesn't. LWRC certainly has had their issues, but dredging up issues from well over a decade ago with completely different management teams does not provide any useful information in the present day.
    Well the last two sets of fraudsters were shit bags. Not sure if they have honest management and employees today. Doesn't really matter. People believe in climate change and buy LWRCi trash. Can't fix stupid.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v