Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Thought I would start a thread for those that want to share what they did with their AR today. Sometimes you do just a little that your proud of but it's not enough of a big deal to start a new thread to talk about. Post it here! Replace parts, buy new parts, clean or modify existing parts let's here about it.

I'll start off with a couple of new goodies I ordered for the new BCM 16" I finished yesterday.

Picked up a EO Tech ESPS3-0 for $372 shipped and a G33 STS for $454 shipped, they should fit well on top of the BCM. Also ordered a BCM KAG Grip, it looks light and it was cheap so I thought I would try it out.

Post pics if like.

What did you do o your AR today?
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    Thought I would start a thread for those that want to share what they did with their AR today. Sometimes you do just a little that your proud of but it's not enough of a big deal to start a new thread to talk about. Post it here! Replace parts, buy new parts, clean or modify existing parts let's here about it.

I'll start off with a couple of new goodies I ordered for the new BCM 16" I finished yesterday.

Picked up a EO Tech ESPS3-0 for $372 shipped and a G33 STS for $454 shipped, they should fit well on top of the BCM. Also ordered a BCM KAG Grip, it looks light and it was cheap so I thought I would try it out.

Post pics if like.

What did you do o your AR today?
    Where'd you get the EOTech for that price?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where'd you get the EOTech for that price?
    I found it on Ebay, the G33 is new and the seller has sold 133 of them. The 3-0 was an open box return.
    Last edited by hdrolling; 04-27-17 at 15:50.
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I approved the artwork for an engraving on a lower
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Care to post a pic of what it's going to look like?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterHelix View Post
    Started stripping the paint off one of the SBR's. Ugh.
    Having never painted an AR, do you strip all the old paint every time? You can't just paint over it?

Feedback Score
    No stripping for me. Just paint over it and go. Been doing it since the 80s.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Whatcha for cooking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorted AR mags. I keep them in FAT 50 ammo cans 28 mags per can, 28 rounds per mag. I have four FAT 50's and some random mags - including some five and 20 rounders. I use one can until all the mags are empty, then start on another. When two are empty I take the mags from the bucket, sort them and check them over.

Raining, so did not go to shoot my AR. If I don't have to go out, I don't go out. Nice to have that choice.

Otherwise, I'm in the process of media blasting a Browning slide from a surplus Hi-Power I bought to play with and sometimes carry when I shot one of my AR's. I just removed the Heinie Straight 8's from the side. The LOL is that I sent the slide to Don Williams at The ACtion Works to have him cut the dovetails and install them. Now I've taken them off before the slide was even back on the gun.

I completely and heartily recommend Mr. Williams and his work. Pleasant man to deal with, quick turnaround, honest to a fault, and great work. The Action Works http://www.theactionworks.com/
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-27-17 at 21:11.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Whatcha for cooking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since I've been asked by two different members- I'm having a two bullet icon engraved in the third selector position for a binary trigger
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Sounds sus. Check it for authenticity. I went to Windham Weaponry range and dialed in my pistol's red dot. They did not have the parts I needed in stock, so I ordered them online. LPK and barrel parts for a 11.5" carbine retro clone.
    Last edited by Core781; 07-22-21 at 17:42.

Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast