Page 160 of 163 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1630

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Today my son and I went to the range with my dedicated .22 LR AR, and other guns. I had the opportunity to remove the hammer and trigger at the range after a foreign body lodged in the disconnector. Happily, Ruger. 22 chamber flags are exactly the right size to push the hammer/trigger pins. Running like a top again.

Andy

Feedback Score
    So recently I have added 100 concepts light caps to my 3 of my "duty" rifles, mounting them on an Arisaka Scout (long throw don't ask me the head number), Streamlight HLX, and a Surefire Scout Dual Fuel, they seem like a decent idea for what they do and overall easy to use, and at $17 bucks they don't break the bank (although you know they could be less than $10)
    I'm going to the woods this weekend to play with them some more, but the only thing I don't like is they seem a little noisy and have a little bit of an awkward time finding the right amount of taught pressure to easily use and the position not shift, but overall easy and intuitive. It's clear that they favor the offset mounts rather then the swivel arm of the Surefire Scout Dual Fuel, and the further back you mount the shock cord the easier it seems to be.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Zero’d three carbines for cheap ammo, two with cans. 50yd.

On the 6960 upper, replaced a 3-9x with a Primary Arms MD-25 ACSS because it is perfectly balanced with just a red dot and Smoke Composites receiver extension/stock. For now.

With the new 13.9” upper, I also have a 507Cx2 on an Arisaka offset mount. The 507C is only secured with one screw + VC-3, because I got it used and found the other screw hole is stripped out… It was the fastest dot/scope to zero out of everything. We’ll see how long that lasts.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Zero’d three carbines for cheap ammo, two with cans. 50yd.

On the 6960 upper, replaced a 3-9x with a Primary Arms MD-25 ACSS because it is perfectly balanced with just a red dot and Smoke Composites receiver extension/stock. For now.

With the new 13.9” upper, I also have a 507Cx2 on an Arisaka offset mount. The 507C is only secured with one screw + VC-3, because I got it used and found the other screw hole is stripped out… It was the fastest dot/scope to zero out of everything. We’ll see how long that lasts.
    What's your 13.9 setup? I just shipped the parts to RAW for my own to be assembled around a Core and CMT rail.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What's your 13.9 setup? I just shipped the parts to RAW for my own to be assembled around a Core and CMT rail.
    Exactly that *insert that Obi-Wan meme here

FCD URF no FA - loose (both of the ones I have)…I did a full shim and then added 609

CMT DRT 13” - I couldn’t find a black version, traded a “we make them heavier now because heavier is better, not because of machining costs” FCD 11.5 handguard for it with someone

Criterion Core 13.9”

BCM blem .625 gas block

Aero gas tube

FCD 6315KM-L

Rex Silentium MG7k (Keymount adaptor)

Bad Attitude Dept Fat Cat BCG - It does cycle smoothly, like a broken in BCM. Similar to the Radian I later regretted selling, potentially could help with some accuracy to a fractional degree. Probably won’t be noticeable, but hey.

Leupold VX-R Patrol 1.25-4x Firedot plus Arisaka offset with janky 507C - the extra .25x…not sure how I feel about it yet. But the glass is great. I may move the 3-9x here.

I’m going to switch out the Wilson Combat Ultralight mount after a class next weekend. I can’t quite get the eye relief where I want it. I got a ZRODelta QD mount off Reddit, but won’t mess with it before a class next weekend.
    I also didn’t push accuracy testing, just Wolf Gold for now. I am running low on IWI 77gr.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Lube, shoot. Couldn’t go hot until 1100, and now its too hot to touch.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Lube, shoot. Couldn’t go hot until 1100, and now its too hot to touch.
    I did some prone shooting…in shorts…on old brass and steel in the sun. I’ve made better life choices.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I did some prone shooting…in shorts…on old brass and steel in the sun. I’ve made better life choices.
    I ended up launching 390rds

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Today? Nothing, but I plan to make a big pile of things I don’t need or want and start listing them for sale (again).

Yesterday? Probably the most enjoyable and challenging class I’ve been to. Mix of carbine and pistol shooting while moving. I came away with some good info and things to practice in the back yard. Honestly, I’m also going to have my kids practice with an airsoft gun, too. It was a great reminder that “doing” is more enjoyable than collecting.

Feedback Score
    I dug out thirty 33710s and changed out the green followers for Magpul. I'm feeling like I did myself a solid.

Page 160 of 163 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast