Page 112 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1630

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Took my wife to the range to shoot her new G44 and to run some rifle drills to show her how much better the pinned 13.7 handled than the 16 inch barrel it replaced. 'Whatever.' She passed on using the VFG correctly saying 'I'm not going to shoot my finger off you.....' (such language from a Sunday school teacher).

Had fun, went to eat Mexican afterwards, she paid.
    outstanding, I love it when the wife pays for for lunch lol

I got my warcomp installed on my 11.5 pistol. Asked my smith to time it neutral and he said he wouldn't put it on any other way. I got home and realized he timed it for a righty.. I can't complain since he also sold me a new warcomp for 89 bucks.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Changed batteries in my RMR09. It's been in service since November 2017, finally died today (check it daily). While I was at it, checked the other optics in the safe. Wife's PA Platinum 1-8x was dead (someone left it on!). Since I had everything out, decided to re-lube BCGs. Discovered some surface rust on the tail end of her carrier... Since I had the uppers off, I measured buffer springs. All were still in spec.

Other than equipment checks & maintenance I worked tac reloads Saturday (pistol) and Sunday (carbine). Probably drove wife nuts with all the clicking and clacking. She knows what's up though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Took my wife to the range to shoot her new G44 and to run some rifle drills to show her how much better the pinned 13.7 handled than the 16 inch barrel it replaced. 'Whatever.' She passed on using the VFG correctly saying 'I'm not going to shoot my finger off you.....' (such language from a Sunday school teacher).

Had fun, went to eat Mexican afterwards, she paid.
    sounds like a great day, but someone has to teach me on how to get my wife to pay

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, first you have to give her all your money.....
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    That's already done. She has the money spent I haven't even made yet

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes. This happens. I'm reminded of the best line from Open Range:

'Well, hows this going to work if you don't do what I say?'

Annette Bening just smiles, because she learned the answer to that in Women's School which all girls attend to learn how to handle men.

Men don't have such a thing so we are reduced to kind of foundering around. Roger Welsch passed that info on in Everything I Know About Women, I Learned From My Tractor.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Re-zeroed the RMR @50. Only had access to a 100Y indoor range so couldn't confirm it. Just reminded me how much I despise most other gun owners and zeroing a red dot with my crappy eyesight.
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Checked zero on my MRO and BUIS at 50Y today. I string shots due to difficulty in centering the dot on a round target. Shots were touching or very nearly, so the BCM barrel was certainly doing its part. Nice round (ish) cluster using the BUIS. I tried explaining the concept of a 50Y AR zero to my "range neighbor" today, not sure he was buying it. It was a beautiful day for shooting today.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Minimized my already small collection even further, moving to smaller waterfront condo; so only one long gun (6920 w/aimpoint) one handgun (G17RMR) and .22LR S&W snubby for pocket carry while wandering about. Sold AR pistols, other handguns, down to bare but effective items in case of untoward events, bad social situations etc. The less is more philosophy.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    My case of M193 should be delivered today.

Page 112 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast