Page 125 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1639

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I took my newly assembled 22 LR dedicated upper to the range and ran a few hundred rounds through it.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I finally got my 2 "Instruments of Liberty", to the range today, for an Official Zeroing-In. Also took the son-in-law, so he could get his zeroed-in...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I took my newly assembled 22 LR dedicated upper to the range and ran a few hundred rounds through it.

Andy
    If you haven't yet, check these out: https://www.redi-mag.com/product/bet...azine-adaptor/

Allows you to use S&W MP-15-22 mags and lock back after last round.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I mounted a SureFire G2 in an Odin Works M-Lok mount.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Diassembled my RTB (CMMG) dedicated rimfire bolt and filed about a mm off the end of the recoil spring rod where it fits into the backplate. It was proud of the backplate in the rear and marked my Sionics lower. It is slightly below flush now.

I also made a "pressure plug" from an unused carbine buffer. I cut the large end off and inserted a second poly bumper. The theory is that the plug applies forward pressure on the rimfire bolt, improves functioning, and reduces wear on the lower caused by the bolt "floating" in the upper. I have been told that the plug is really intended for the conversion bolts with chamber adapters. It gave me something to do and makes attaching the dedicated upper much more exciting.

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    If you haven't yet, check these out: https://www.redi-mag.com/product/bet...azine-adaptor/

Allows you to use S&W MP-15-22 mags and lock back after last round.
    I am familiar with them, but RTB was/is selling a bolt with 3 mags for a good price. If/when it is time for new magazines, I will definitely explore the options out there.

Andy

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Swapped out a Geissele lower 3rd mount for my Comp M5 for a Unity Tactical FAST. This setup is dedicated for night vision use mostly, so the high mount should make passive aiming easier, but we'll see.

Just mounted it so I haven't had a chance to run it yet. It's going to take some getting used to at 2.33"

Excuse the crap phone picture.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Shot one. We’re working on a 62FMJ load that works with the same zero as 68gr Hornady Frontier.

Edit: what I mean is same POI at 200m for training purposes.
    27.3 BL-C(2) under a 62gr FMJ got us A zone hits at 200m, alongside 68gr Frontier 5.56 and Fusion MSR without touching the dials on an 11.3”. Similar results with the 14.5, but it sent the MSR a couple inches right, into the C zone.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Bore sighted new AR10 and 15 builds plus a rebuilt 5.56 and my SHTF with new optic. Hopefully get them fine tuned this week if the range is dry.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I also made a "pressure plug" from an unused carbine buffer. I cut the large end off and inserted a second poly bumper. The theory is that the plug applies forward pressure on the rimfire bolt, improves functioning, and reduces wear on the lower caused by the bolt "floating" in the upper. I have been told that the plug is really intended for the conversion bolts with chamber adapters. It gave me something to do and makes attaching the dedicated upper much more exciting.

Andy
    I'm not sure I understand what you are doing. Couldn't you just remove the buffer retainer to accomplish putting more forward pressure on the conversion bolt?

ETA: Late to the google party: https://borebuddy.com/product/22lr-plug/

I have trouble with my conversions not cycling with some folks, this might alleviate the hoarseness I acquire from repeatedly saying 'hold the rifle tight into your shoulder.'

I'm going to try removing the buffer retainer and see if that helps.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-04-20 at 11:39.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 125 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast