Page 134 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1630

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I was able to setup a rifle for my father this weekend.

He's had it almost two years now, but with everything going on he let me do a little updating to it.

Colt LE6920

He bought it used for $600 (I doubt it had ever been fired by the previous owner as it still had the paint pen proof mark on the bolt. 2014 manufacturer date).

Sourced an MRO and Scalarworks 1/3 mount for $300 from a buddy of mine.

Swapped the Colt double heat shield handgaurds for some skinny CAR style handguards.

Threw on a Impact Weapons Components TMC 1" light mount and Surefire G2X Tactical (700 lumen).

Threw on a B5 Systems Bravo stock and B5 Systems grip that I had laying around.

I also had a BCM Mod44 ambi charging handle, Battle Arms Development ambi safety, and left over BCM PNT trigger in my spare parts bin. Threw those on as my father is left handed.

It has a polymer MBUS rear sight currently, but that will be swapped with something better here soon. Other than that, it needs a QD end plate, QD mount for the handguard, and a Blue Force Gear sling.

Honestly, the simplicity of this rifle is nice. I may build one almost identical for myself.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rogue556; 06-09-20 at 19:11.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post

He's had it almost two years now, but with everything going on he let me do a little updating to it.

Colt LE6920

He bought it used for $600 (I doubt it had ever been fired by the previous owner as it still had the paint pen proof mark on the bolt. 2014 manufacturer date).

Swapped the Colt double heat shield handgaurds for some skinny CAR style handguards.

Threw on a Impact Weapons Components TMC 1" light mount and Surefire G2X Tactical (700 lumen).

I also had a BCM Mod44 ambi charging handle and a Battle Arms Development ambi safety in my spare parts bin. Threw those on as my father is left handed.

It has a polymer MBUS rear sight currently, but that will be swapped with something better here soon. Other than that, it needs a QD end plate, QD mount for the handguard, and a Blue Force Gear sling.

Honestly, the simplicity of this rifle is nice. I may build one almost identical for myself.

Brother, thats a seriously nice rifle.

All I’ve been able to do with mine lately is clean and lubricate. That Cherrybalmz stuff is quite slick. Dunno yet if it’ll be better or worse than the cheap stuff I’ve been using, in actual practice.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Colt LE6920

I also had a BCM Mod44 ambi charging handle and a Battle Arms Development ambi safety in my spare parts bin. Threw those on as my father is left handed.

Is he used to having a sling attached to the end plate? If not, I’d skip it and use the socket on the stock. I tried to like having it attached to the end plate but it just didn’t work for me. The spot on the stock was much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Colt LE6920

That is a sweet setup and would serve anyone who wants/needs a carbine well. Throw on that sling and you are done.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Brother, thats a seriously nice rifle.

All I’ve been able to do with mine lately is clean and lubricate. That Cherrybalmz stuff is quite slick. Dunno yet if it’ll be better or worse than the cheap stuff I’ve been using, in actual practice.
    Thanks man, I really feel at ease knowing my father has a solid setup now. Unfortunately we're four hours apart, so I can't get to him as quickly in an emergency as I'd like.

We got it dialed in and did some drills from 10-100 yards. He was able to put around 400 rounds through it, and was making good hits by the time we were through. He's got his holds down (at least in side of 100) and manipulation was greatly improved from his previous skills. Over all a pretty good weekend.

I've not tried the cherrybalmz, but need to. I run Slip2000 ELW right now, and started using ELW30 because it's a little thicker and doesn't seem to run out of the critical areas like the thiner stuff does.

Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Is he used to having a sling attached to the end plate? If not, I’d skip it and use the socket on the stock. I tried to like having it attached to the end plate but it just didn’t work for me. The spot on the stock was much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I actually run my rifles with the sling attached to the end plate. (I do run them on the stock on some precision oriented rifles as well, though).

He was able to try out one of my BFG sling setups on my 14.5" BCM, and did pretty well with it on the end plate. He also tried the stock, and did well with it as well. For the sake of letting him try what's best for him, I'm going to swap the end plate out and let him play around with the options. He's left handed but right eye dominant. Unfortunately his vision in his dominant eye is getting worse, and he actually sees better with his left eye now. We're trying to get him to the point that he can bring the rifle up and acquire the dot both eyes open without much fuss. Once we get there, then we'll probably get his sling setup ironed out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I swapped from a 10.5" Ballistic Advantage modern series to an 11.3" Hanson profile. Eh, I found the barrel on sale with the pinned gas block. I figured a bit more dwell time and a little added velocity couldn't hurt. The 11.3 weighs one ounce more than the 10.5, but the difference in the distribution of the weight on the Hanson profile is noticeable.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This thread is the equivalent of posting what you ate for breakfast on facebook. Why does it exist?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    This thread is the equivalent of posting what you ate for breakfast on facebook. Why does it exist?
    What have you done to your AR(s) today?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    What have you done to your AR(s) today?
    Stay on topic or don't post.

Voodoochild
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-10-20 at 02:07.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I had some eggs and oatmeal with some strong coffee. What did YOU have for breakfast(s) today?
    Lol, but did you do it with your AR? If not I'd think that would be more related to EDC gear (assuming you were dressed) or the Health and Fitness section.

Today I had coffee... While putting my bipod on one of my ARs.

The point of this thread is to encourage people to get out there and use their ARs, not just let them sit in the safe. Often when people post, it sparks new conversations about ARs and what people are doing with them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vandal5; 06-10-20 at 05:55.

Page 134 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast