Page 153 of 163 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1630

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Optics upgrade for the Knights 14.5 mod 2
    Badger Ordnance 1.70” mount with a Kahles 16i. Getting away from a T2 and 3x

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I checked firing pin impact on some fired cases with my 22lr AR.

I installed reduced power hammer and trigger springs on an "enhanced" Schmid trigger and was curious if I could see a difference in strikes. I had no issues with it at the range last month following the swap, but that was with a single batch/brand of ammo.

I discovered:
    1. It is not easy to place a fired 22 case in a AR-22 chamber
    2. The cases are pretty well dinged with the reduced power spring
    3. Eyeballing firing pin strikes is not very informative

I will grab a good mix of brands and types of ammo from my stash when I go to the range today. Actually firing the different rounds is a better test.

I really enjoy the AR-22, it was enjoyable to build and is a great way to maintain familiarity (dare I say competance?) with the AR on the cheap.

Andy

P.S. Made it to the range and fired about 150 rounds each of CCI Standard Velocity, Federal Auto Match, Federal Game Shok HV. No misfires or issues, and it stayed relatively clean with the bore buddy bolt weight.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-05-21 at 11:07.

Feedback Score
    I dry practice with my AR on an almost daily basis. As a married grad student in an urban area, I don't get to train much, in a conventional sense. I do up drills, practice smooth target transitions, malfunctions, reloads from pockets, reloads from a battle belt, reloads from a chest rig, and try to make sure none of my stuff will conflict with each other.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingtheHistoryM1 View Post
    I dry practice with my AR on an almost daily basis. As a married grad student in an urban area, I don't get to train much, in a conventional sense. I do up drills, practice smooth target transitions, malfunctions, reloads from pockets, reloads from a battle belt, reloads from a chest rig, and try to make sure none of my stuff will conflict with each other.
    You’re doing much more than most. Keep it up.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Indeed, good job.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I assembled a PSA Nitride Freedom MOE Carbine kit on a PSA "stealth" stripped lower and took it to the range for zero, test fire, etc.

The first round I loaded was the first and only dud reload I have built (dead primer, apparently). 1 in some thousands so far and it really suprised me. I happily had no isses firing 100+ rounds after that.

The good - no gun problems or malfunctions, the MBUS rear is not far from centered after I zeroed it at 50 yds, the EPT trigger is a bit heavy but smooth, and it seems to be just a tad overgassed. My PSA Premium carbine upper was very overgassed, so this is an improvement.

The bad - charging handle and upper receiver inner surfaces are/were pretty rough out of the box. The EPT trigger kit had 2 trigger springs and no hammer spring, which was a little weird.

It came with FDE MOE stock, grip and handguards and the only change I will make is an H2 buffer or just 2 tungsten buffer weights, extractor spring, and a cheap sling. It will be a sub-$500 beater, loaner, spare, and truck gun unless I sell or gift it.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-17-21 at 13:45.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Did another range trip to take advantage of the cool weather. My 18 inch AR was running a little soft when I took it out a few months ago. The gas block and gas key screws were all snug, so I was not really too sure what the problem was.

It ran like a top today over the course of 150 or so rounds, so I guess I was shooting pretty weak ammo in the last trip. It is rifle gas and running an A5H2 buffer, so its pretty soft shooting. A couple hours at the range makes for a good day.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-18-21 at 23:24.

Feedback Score
    I set up a clone of my duty, but in 22lr. to take advantange of the stock pile of 22lr I have. Now the hard part is trying to weight it down so it feels like a rifle and not a toy.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I set up a clone of my duty, but in 22lr. to take advantange of the stock pile of 22lr I have. Now the hard part is trying to weight it down so it feels like a rifle and not a toy.
    What base gun did you set up the clone on? The .22 AR I built is about as heavy as one would expect for a 5.56 AR with the same rail and pencil barrel.

Feedback Score
    Andylate, i used the M&P15-22 as the base. They were on sale locally and my wife as good luck with hers over the years. So I jumped on the sale price.

Page 153 of 163 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155 ... LastLast