Page 154 of 163 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1630

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    I'm in the middle of the first deep clean of the barrel on my new 7.62 x .39 build after its first 300 or so rounds of steel case. Just started the third, 24 hour soaking with a barrel full of Wipe Out. After the first two 24 hour soaks the patches were still coming out purple. After this one if they are still purple I'm running a few Hoppe's soaked patches down it and calling it a day. This thing is becoming my new favorite rifle.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    Andylate, i used the M&P15-22 as the base. They were on sale locally and my wife as good luck with hers over the years. So I jumped on the sale price.
    Yeah, they have the reputation of being very reliable but a bit light.

Andy

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I'm in the middle of the first deep clean of the barrel on my new 7.62 x .39 build after its first 300 or so rounds of steel case. Just started the third, 24 hour soaking with a barrel full of Wipe Out. After the first two 24 hour soaks the patches were still coming out purple. After this one if they are still purple I'm running a few Hoppe's soaked patches down it and calling it a day. This thing is becoming my new favorite rifle.
    That level of cleaning is completely unnecessary, especially after 300 rounds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    That level of cleaning is completely unnecessary, especially after 300 rounds.
    You think that's bad you should see the barrel break in process that the barrel maker wanted me to follow. This is a once and done deal. From this point on it's getting a bore snake and some hoppes once every 1000 rounds if its lucky.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Yeah, they have the reputation of being very reliable but a bit light.

Andy
    Just ordered an m&p 15-22 pistol from Omaha, listed weight says 3.35lbs. So the rifle will be slighlty heavier than that.

My plan is to use it as an interim while .223/5.56 is coming back down but is still .50 per round. Fingers crossed the price keeps dropping. I also plan to introduce my family to the AR platform with the m&p 15-22

Some shooting is better than zero shooting as thats where my hoarder meantality has made me resign my training to.

Seems that many others have had this idea as m&p 15-22 25 round mags are being scalped online for stupid money.

My LGS had one in stock that I had them set back for me when I pickup the 15-22.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99cobra2881 View Post
    Just ordered an m&p 15-22 pistol from Omaha, listed weight says 3.35lbs. So the rifle will be slighlty heavier than that.

My plan is to use it as an interim while .223/5.56 is coming back down but is still .50 per round. Fingers crossed the price keeps dropping. I also plan to introduce my family to the AR platform with the m&p 15-22

Some shooting is better than zero shooting as thats where my hoarder meantality has made me resign my training to.

Seems that many others have had this idea as m&p 15-22 25 round mags are being scalped online for stupid money.

My LGS had one in stock that I had them set back for me when I pickup the 15-22.
    The M&P 1522 is a fine choice. It's great for introducing kids and new shooters to the AR, and works well as a training rifle when you want to keep from depleting your 5.56 stockpile. The whole "It doesn't weigh as much as my real rifle" complaint by some people is seriously overblown. So what if it doesn't weigh the same? None of my rifles weigh the same as each other and I have no problems switching between them. Enjoy your 1522, I'm sure you'll get a lot of years of use out of it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99cobra2881 View Post

The S&W 15-22 is what I used to introduced my Daughter to shooting. Now she is 13 and absolutely loves to go shooting, whether its just shooting off a bench, or practicing drills. I probably talk about her to much but I am so proud of her in how she is growing up. 🙂

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    The S&W 15-22 is what I used to introduced my Daughter to shooting. Now she is 13 and absolutely loves to go shooting, whether its just shooting off a bench, or practicing drills. I probably talk about her to much but I am so proud of her in how she is growing up. ��
    Raising good western valued kids. POYB. I just got a 12" mlok c4 fsb cutout rail to install on my "KISS" build, lol. So much for that original plan.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    Raising good western valued kids. POYB. I just got a 12" mlok c4 fsb cutout rail to install on my "KISS" build, lol. So much for that original plan.
    I'm going about it the way my Mom and Dad raised my brother and me and she has taken to that like a fish to water.

Yesterday I stripped down a Diamondback DB15 I won at the local Volunteer Fire Department Raffle. I was sorta surprised with this little Carbine, I have put around 4,700 to 5,000 rounds through it. It has been reliable and accurate so since all I have done was the initial new gun breakdown cleaning and lubeing I want to see how she has worn in.

I may have more round through this thing than that, I can't remember, anyway I know it has at least 4,700 rounds through it. C.R.S is real! 🤣

Feedback Score
    Quick light cleaning, minor lubrication and back in the safe till the weekend.

Page 154 of 163 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast