Page 162 of 163 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163 LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1630

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecWired View Post
    Added new optic: Romeo 4XT-Pro

Attachment 70908
    I would be interested to know what you think of this optic after use.

Feedback Score
    Started a custom camo paint job on my coyote hunting carbine, pics will follow when completed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I would be interested to know what you think of this optic after use.
    Haven't got it out yet, but I ordered 6 optics and the one I am opting to keep is the Romeo 4XT-Pro. It won out over competitors like the Duty RDS, MRO, HE515GT and EXPS.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ordered a magpul moe grip, magpul enhanced trigger guard and geissele super charging handle for my Colt 6920. Trying to keep it as simple as possible.
    "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" - Patrick Henry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I finished a rifle I'd been putting together when the parts I needed - rifle Length handguard and muzzle device - arrived this afternoon from JoeBob's Outfitters.

This build started to germinate about a month ago when I read a thread about dissy's. In that thread I noted we had a couple at work and I though they looked cock as hell. I google 'dissipator barrels' and found a couple of true dissipator barrels (I don't care what spell check says I spell it Or not Er). I found one at a price I could stomach for a parts rifle/range toy and ordered it.

A couple days ago I noticed the barrel laying on my bench and got serious about putting it together. Mainly from the parts on hand. This is the recipe:

Noreen Firearms Lower - I had this receiver for a while, I really like the blank look on the right side and the lack of clutter and logo on the left. I have one more left. This particular one had been drilled and tapped for set screws to hold in the rear takedown pin and the bolt release - it was a short phase I went through. I used a G-Maritime bolt catch and had to drill tje [in hole - 7/64 was too snug and 1/8 was a little loose, so that's my flaw. Years ago I had a Maritime catch break, so I'll be watching this one.

BCM Blem upper - I had two on hand, used this one and ordered two more.

LaRue MBT 2S - I actually forgot I had this until I looked in a plastic bin where I keep leftover parts from LPK's I've used.

All the rest of the LPK - pins, springs, detents, ambi safety, mag release, bolt catch I had on hand.

I had the rifle gas tube, and remarkably, a front sight blade, detent and spring on hand, as well as the Delta Ring assembly.

I decided to use a set of MagPul MOE M-Lok handguards which are available about anywhere, so I held off ordering.

Next I started the search for a muzzle device. I'm partial to the JP Enterprises JPFH-556 which I've used on several of my rifles, including a 13.5" pin and weld, since it was #1 on the Truth About Guns Flash Hider Shootout but it was a little too pricey and long for my visualization of this build. I've also used several Smith Vortex's which ranked #3 on the Flashhider Shootout but the original ones ring like a tuning fork on each shot, and the grooves on the improved version didn't trip my trigger. Onto number four on the test, the Troy 3-Prong FH, which I couldn't find in stock from anyone I've ever bought from. The #4 and #5 flashhiders didn't trip my trigger either.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ar...ider-shootout/

So, I ended up with #6 - the YHM Phantom 52C. It puts out 41 lux, compared to the 31 lux of the #1 JP JPFH-556. So I looked for places that had the Troy and MagPul MOE M-Lok's, Joe Bob's in Hays, KS hit the jackpot and a couple days later I had them in hand. I put an M-Lok VFG I had laying around on the MOE's.

Only thing I've left out is the barrel, and I'll disclose that after I take it to the range tomorrow. Here she is:

Dissy 5.jpg

Didn't mean to attach all the thumbnails - they are the same picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-18-23 at 21:38.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I finished a rifle I'd been putting together…
    Looks cool

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I confirmed the length of a Saker K direct thread with flash hider end cap. I couldn’t think of another way to make this carbine more meme-able, so now looking to pin the suppressor and tuck under a 15” carbon fiber handguard.

And as if the wretch in black fur hadn’t already laid claim to a shredded pillow, he looked askance when I moved his paw to take measurements.

Last edited by JediGuy; 12-24-23 at 12:52.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)

Finished off my pistol build with griffin blast shield. Swapping out bcm grip for emissary defense mini when it arrives. Awaiting sbr paperwork to throw a real stock on it.

Starting a 13.9 build today after I nap. Long 24 hour flight shift changed my plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Flight Nurse
    RN, MSN, AEMT, CEN
    TCCC/TECC

LevelOneAccountability

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I found the SpecOps 3 point sling I used on a M16A2 during OIF and installed it on a 16" midlength with Magpul furniture and Magpul Mlok sling swivel. It is useable but I remember why quick-adjust 2 points dominate the market I will pick up a 2 point sling and put it back in the footlocker next year.

I also deprimed a bunch of 5.56 cases in preparation for crimp removal.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I replaced another set of magpul hand-guards for the genuine Colt model.

Page 162 of 163 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163 LastLast