Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    purchased a 4oz bottle of Slip 2000 EWL that BCM recommended to me after I smelled how good their bolt carrier groups smell when new.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I approved the artwork for an engraving on a lower
    Whatcha for cooking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorted AR mags. I keep them in FAT 50 ammo cans 28 mags per can, 28 rounds per mag. I have four FAT 50's and some random mags - including some five and 20 rounders. I use one can until all the mags are empty, then start on another. When two are empty I take the mags from the bucket, sort them and check them over.

Raining, so did not go to shoot my AR. If I don't have to go out, I don't go out. Nice to have that choice.

Otherwise, I'm in the process of media blasting a Browning slide from a surplus Hi-Power I bought to play with and sometimes carry when I shot one of my AR's. I just removed the Heinie Straight 8's from the side. The LOL is that I sent the slide to Don Williams at The ACtion Works to have him cut the dovetails and install them. Now I've taken them off before the slide was even back on the gun.

I completely and heartily recommend Mr. Williams and his work. Pleasant man to deal with, quick turnaround, honest to a fault, and great work. The Action Works http://www.theactionworks.com/
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-27-17 at 21:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    purchased a 4oz bottle of Slip 2000 EWL that BCM recommended to me after I smelled how good their bolt carrier groups smell when new.
    You should have splurged and grabbed the Slip 2000 ETL, then you could have lubed/degreased and killed all your carbon!

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'm in the process of media blasting a Browning slide from a surplus Hi-Power I bought to play with. I just removed the Heinie Straight 8's from the side. The LOL is that I sent the slide to Don Williams at The ACtion Works to have him cut the dovetails and install them.
    Am I the only one that had to google all this to decipher what it means?

Sounds like a nice new toy! You know what we say about the rain in the Infantry...........
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Whatcha for cooking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since I've been asked by two different members- I'm having a two bullet icon engraved in the third selector position for a binary trigger
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Took all my WML lights batteries out and tested them with my volt meter.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    Am I the only one that had to google all this to decipher what it means?

Sounds like a nice new toy! You know what we say about the rain in the Infantry...........
    I didn't have to google, and its not about ARs which is what this thread was supposed to be about.....

Anyway, I pulled out two stripped lowers to assemble this weekend.

And read all 32 pages of the NRA/CRPA lawsuit filed against the AR ban in Commiefornia. First good news here in a long time.

I also did some more research on the Trijicon 1-8X.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 04-27-17 at 20:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Big deal today. Installed rail covers port / starboard on carbine. Have a pair of angled sights enroute for same. And a Sparc AR on its way for BiL which I'll install, zero, etc

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Big deal today. Installed rail covers port / starboard on carbine. Have a pair of angled sights enroute for same. And a Sparc AR on its way for BiL which I'll install, zero, etc
    You didn't order the SPARC from PSA did you? I did and it still hasn't shipped and it's been 4 days going on 5, still says processing on their page even though the payment cleared the same day I ordered it.

Now that I bought the EO Tech gear today (already shipped) I might call and see if I can cancel my order for the SPARK AR.

So I'm going to vent about the USPS, I ordered an new QD sling that was suppose to be here today. It arrived at our post office yesterday.
    Last night it left our post office and was sent to the USPS an hour and a half away.
    Today it left that post office and was sent to an office that is 2 1/2 hrs away.

So I could have spent today walking around the house with an AR strapped to myself with a shiny new sling but instead I had to carry it in my hands while walking around the house doing reflexive firing drills. Not as fun.

Vent complete.........
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    I didn't have to google, and its not about ARs which is what this thread was supposed to be about......
    I edited my post to conform.

Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast