Page 26 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Well, Robert and KDub here it is:

Attachment 47267

The lower is all I did. I got it close to the stock, which was laying on the picnic table next to where I was airbrushing. I should have the the upper out there instead, my bad.

The nice thing is that if I degrease the receiver, I can apply another, heavier, coat and darken it.

As you can see the neophyte has some degree of trouble getting the color to match between projects. The CZ was the first project I did. I painted it with a double action control harbor freight airbrush (from their deluxe compressor kit) which I couldn't run for crap, way too heavy on the coating. The second project was an old single shot shotgun, my son has it. The third project was the Browning slide, I was happier with it, but still was not comfy with the double action trigger control.

For this receiver I used an entry level Paasche I bought at hobby lobby. I'm going to upgrade to the Paasche H model and stay with that one for a while.

The nice thing about using Norrel's Moly Resin is that until you cure it at 300 degrees, it comes off with acetone or MEK.

Here are the instructions: http://molyresin.com/wp-content/uplo...n-brochure.pdf
    Brother I am impressed! Seriously! I think you've done a good job especially with using an airbrush. My limit is the rattle can! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    Damn, I almost ordered one @ $65 + 5 shipping. Guess not now.
    Maybe it was just a fluke. Like I said, the screws were torqued down within spec and the staking took some "encouraging". The second one wasn't as bad but they just weren't up to snuff as my other Bolt Carriers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I added a Magpul rifle length MOE stock in black(Stag Arms special sale price $55 & change delivered). It was put on a PSA Magpul MOE pistol grip lower with a Geissele SSA-E fcg that is pinned on a 16 inch PSA stainless steel Freedom line 1/7 mid-length gas system mock dissipator barreled upper using a DD bcg Colt milspec ch mag release and bolt catch. A Magpul LR Pro-iron sight sits atop the top rail(I also have the detachable carry handle sight combo). Next will be a over sized ambi ch and or a thin & short ambi selector lever set.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    Maybe it was just a fluke. Like I said, the screws were torqued down within spec and the staking took some "encouraging". The second one wasn't as bad but they just weren't up to snuff as my other Bolt Carriers.
    I didn't want to take the chance and just ordered a SIONICS BC to be safe, I already have the bolt. Sucks that they had their Cam Pin -NP3 Coated on a 4-6 week delay?
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    This is what I'm doing. I'm disassembling my DMR to send it off to my cerakote guy. Upper, lower, rail, scope mount all getting a nice dose of Magpul FDE. Got it disassembled and parts in baggies because Lord knows if I put it somewhere thinking "Oh I'll put it here so I can remember where I put it...". I will definitely forget that place. I'm excited to get it back though. My cerakote guy is one of the best!

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    After debating for months if I wanted to have my 16" barrel cut down or not I finally ordered a BA Hanson 10.3".

As bad as I'm going to want to shoot it I know I should replace the bolt with a new one.

Guessing mine has some good life in it (close to 4k rounds is my best guess), I'd rather just start off new with the new barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    Damn, I almost ordered one @ $65 + 5 shipping. Guess not now.
    Where are they 65.00? I need a couple at that price. I can re-stake if needed.

The ones at GEAUX ARMORY are not mil-spec. The have a 9310 bolt.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-01-17 at 22:36.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    After debating for months if I wanted to have my 16" barrel cut down or not I finally ordered a BA Hanson 10.3".

As bad as I'm going to want to shoot it I know I should replace the bolt with a new one.

Guessing mine has some good life in it (close to 4k rounds is my best guess), I'd rather just start off new with the new barrel.
    What are you putting the upper on? I have the Hanson 10.3, I have only shot it unsuppressed, but it it's a really fun AR to shoot. Put a good muzzle device on it and I think you're really going to enjoy it.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    Post pics or it didn't happen haha

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Where are they 65.00? I need a couple at that price. I can re-stake if needed.

The ones at GEAUX ARMORY are not mil-spec. The have a 9310 bolt.
    Those were the ones I was going to order, I didn't need the bolt because I have a 6.5 Grendel bolt.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Page 26 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast