Page 51 of 163 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Deleted due to low knowledge base.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-07-18 at 21:36.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Understood, and I run my AP Pro at the front of my receiver, but Vandal's is far enough forward to bridge the receiver/rail and I was curious if there was another reason (magnifier, etc).

Andy
    Hey Andy,
    To be honest that's just where I had it from trying to make sure my upper receiver and rail were lined up straight. I don't have a carry handle or long scope mount to use. It too typically would mount it as far as possible while remaining on the receiver as I never thought briging them was a great idea. I've never tested it enough to prove or disprove for myself either way.

I looked back and found a pic from before I swapped the barrel and rail. I didn't have it that far forward before.

I have read that the PRO mounts are fairly heavy so I may try to replace it someday. There are also cantilever adapters that can be used to push it forward if one didn't want to replace the whole PRO (or is it the QRP2) mount?

I ran 50 rounds through it today. I need remove the rail again so that I can locktite the set screws on the gas block and pin it. When I put it all back together I'll have to see where I end up wanting the AP to stay.

Still a work in progress I guess lol.

Sent from my PIP-BOY 3000 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I ordered a dead air key-mo mount and muzzle brake for my silencerco saker.

I am sick of replacing crappy silencerco mounts.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Hey Andy,
    To be honest that's just where I had it from trying to make sure my upper receiver and rail were lined up straight. I don't have a carry handle or long scope mount to use. It too typically would mount it as far as possible while remaining on the receiver as I never thought briging them was a great idea. I've never tested it enough to prove or disprove for myself either way.

I looked back and found a pic from before I swapped the barrel and rail. I didn't have it that far forward before.

I have read that the PRO mounts are fairly heavy so I may try to replace it someday. There are also cantilever adapters that can be used to push it forward if one didn't want to replace the whole PRO (or is it the QRP2) mount?

I ran 50 rounds through it today. I need remove the rail again so that I can locktite the set screws on the gas block and pin it. When I put it all back together I'll have to see where I end up wanting the AP to stay.

Still a work in progress I guess lol.

I don’t have a Pro, I use the Bobro mount for the M4S which is just the QRP base portion. I didn’t find one for the pro, but this is less than what I paid:
    http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Acce...B01150300.html

Bobro is a solid RTZ mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Got my PRI front sight back from Precision Reflex, totally squared away.

And swapped out the VFZ LaRue fixed sight with a LaRue fixed sight with a QD mount that I picked up on the E&E for a great buy.

Tried to get the QD rear sight dialed in as close as I could to where the VFZ was, but going to have to rezero ASAP.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Krylon....
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 02-04-18 at 11:39.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I don’t have a Pro, I use the Bobro mount for the M4S which is just the QRP base portion. I didn’t find one for the pro, but this is less than what I paid:
    http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Acce...B01150300.html

Bobro is a solid RTZ mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you Robert!
    Way down my list of things to get but will add this to my list to look at when the time comes.

Feedback Score
    Put a proctor sling on, and ordered a scope mount for my SWFA 1-4 SS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    250 rounds in a snow storm!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Received parts for 9mm build. Couldn't finish it because trying to get a hold of KAC URX tool.

Page 51 of 163 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast