Page 9 of 164 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Optics Planet are a joke imo. I've made two purchases that were in stock, wait, nope, item is back ordered.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    Not AR related but I was looking for some Propper Polos. The colors I wanted were back ordered by 2 weeks. So I rethought my wardrobe (clothes were for work) and ordered a shirt they had in stock plus the two shirts on 2 week B/O.

Well the shirt they had "in stock" arrived 2 weeks after the shirts that were back ordered which took three weeks to get here. Took so long I forgot I even ordered them. Thought someone was being nice to me like my wife...then I remembered. Oh wait I did. Over a month ago.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had a great day at the range.
    1) Was able to zero and test my Magpul PRO 45 deg offset sights on my DD.
    2)Was able to fire for the first time my new BCM, aslo zeroed the Magpul MBUS.
    3)Zeroed my new EOTech on the BCM (Love it!)
    4)Tested and zeroed my Nikon P223 on my S&W sport II, works great but need a QD mount. I hate the I have to slide it off the rails to remove, no BUIS when it's installed.
    5) Reconfirmed my zero with the Aimpoint Pro on the sport II, still dead on at 25yds.
    6) Tested and zeroed my new SPARC AR on the sport II, I have to say I really like it now that I've had it for a while and was able to shoot with it today. Initially out of the box I hated it, now it's going to stay on the Sport II. Lighter and smaller footprint than my PRO, I only use it at the range so the battery life isn't an issue for me.
    7)Tested my new Vortex Razer HD 50mm spotter scope at the 100yd and 200yd line, could see holes in paper easily.
    Overall a very good day!

DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    Had a great day at the range.
    1) Was able to zero and test my Magpul PRO 45 deg offset sights on my DD.
    2)Was able to fire for the first time my new BCM, aslo zeroed the Magpul MBUS.
    3)Zeroed my new EOTech on the BCM (Love it!)
    4)Tested and zeroed my Nikon P223 on my S&W sport II, works great but need a QD mount. I hate the I have to slide it off the rails to remove, no BUIS when it's installed.
    5) Reconfirmed my zero with the Aimpoint Pro on the sport II, still dead on at 25yds.
    6) Tested and zeroed my new SPARC AR on the sport II, I have to say I really like it now that I've had it for a while and was able to shoot with it today. Initially out of the box I hated it, now it's going to stay on the Sport II. Lighter and smaller footprint than my PRO, I only use it at the range so the battery life isn't an issue for me.
    7)Tested my new Vortex Razer HD 50mm spotter scope at the 100yd and 200yd line, could see holes in paper easily.
    Overall a very good day!
    Looks like you had a great day. Glad to see the Sparc AR has found your love.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I mounted a Leupold vx-2 2-7x on the 20 inch rifle I finished building last week. If the weather is decent at all tomorrow, I will fire it for the first time and then zero it. I'm pretty stoked, it's my first full build.
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 05-06-17 at 20:49.

Feedback Score
    Had a great day at the range...

Tested and zeroed my new SPARC AR on the sport II, I have to say I really like it now that I've had it for a while and was able to shoot with it today. Initially out of the box I hated it, now it's going to stay on the Sport II. Lighter and smaller footprint than my PRO, I only use it at the range so the battery life isn't an issue for me.

...Overall a very good day!
    I told you the micro sights would grow on you. Glad to hear your experience has mirrored mine with the Holosun. I wanted to get it out and zeroed on a new AR today, but the weather didn't cooperate. Went to Gander Mountain instead to check out their liquidation sales. After about 5 minutes in there, it's pretty clear why they're closing their doors for good. Even the "closeout" prices were outrageous.

Gen 2 Pmags for $18. Is there a limit, or can I buy them all??? Now, everyone knows mags need ammo, so how about $13 for some AE 55gr boxes of 20? I don't enjoy seeing people lose their jobs. But, as a firearm enthusiast, I don't know how one could sell things for those crazy prices and not feel they're ripping everyone off.

Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow so I can zero this Holosun.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    I told you the micro sights would grow on you. Glad to hear your experience has mirrored mine with the Holosun. I wanted to get it out and zeroed on a new AR today, but the weather didn't cooperate. Went to Gander Mountain instead to check out their liquidation sales. After about 5 minutes in there, it's pretty clear why they're closing their doors for good. Even the "closeout" prices were outrageous.

Gen 2 Pmags for $18. Is there a limit, or can I buy them all??? Now, everyone knows mags need ammo, so how about $13 for some AE 55gr boxes of 20? I don't enjoy seeing people lose their jobs. But, as a firearm enthusiast, I don't know how one could sell things for those crazy prices and not feel they're ripping everyone off.

Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow so I can zero this Holosun.
    I'm glad it went from a hate / love scenario rather quickly, I almost never took it back out of the box until others mentioned having the same initial impression. I'm also impressed how well these optics all hold their zero rather well after removing and reinstalling.

Today has been a cleaning day, normally I just use breakfree and Dobbs, thinking about ordering some SLIP 2000 products to try. The SlIP stuff seems to get mentioned on the different forums quite often so I figure it's worth a try.
    Last edited by hdrolling; 05-08-17 at 15:21.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you kidding, I thought the one time I ordered from them was a long wait. You hands down have the record now. I plan to zero and test out my offsets tomorrow, as well as the Eotech, SPARK AR and a nikon P223.

Last time I went to the range was with my FIL and all I had time to do was zero my Vortex Viper on my DD and zero the irons on my sport II as well as the Aimpoint PRO. I wasn't to happy that he had me drag him along and then only wanted to stay an hour.

After I zero and test everything in the morning I want to hit the 200 range and try out some Black hills 77gr in my DD M4V11 PRO, I've only shot 55gr at the 50 so far.
    Sights arrived today. Maybe zero tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Remounting my T1 Aimpoint after they fixed it and replaced a broken switch. It would either be full on starburst or nada. Aimpoint did the right thing and fixed it.

Now to rezero !

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Sights arrived today. Maybe zero tomorrow.
    Jinxed from the get go.

Took too long to receive pkg (imo).
    Had "read" they were ambi (lefty mostly / long story).
    They are ambi if reverse installed.
    Doesn't impact sighting. Flip forward; no problem
    Peep sight pulls down to shooter (which I kinda like).
    Anti-glare flat on rear sight is now forward (no biggie).

I "assumed' (I know, I know) that the apertures within the mounts were reversible. Nope.
    So I said what the heck, I'll just mount to the right and rotate weapon left. Totally lose cheek weld so I installed on left side.

Stout little buggers. Windage knob is very tight.

For a 150.00 roll of the dice, I can see their practicality.

Seems like so much shat hung off the little carbine that I'm heading toward either this 40+ pounds love machine

or with a set of wheels this Filipino jeepney.

Feedback Score
    Today has been a cleaning day, normally I just use breakfree and Dobbs, thinking about ordering some SLIP 2000 products to try. The SlIP stuff seems to get mentioned on the different forums quite often so I figure it's worth a try.
    I've used the traditional Slip EWL for years. It's an excellent product and one I highly recommend. Recently, I have been thinking of trying either EWL 30 or their EWG (grease). Not that I've had any issues with plain old EWL, but I'm looking for a lube that stays in place a little longer on some specific components. Mostly trigger sears and parts of the BCG. I've heard equally good things about EWL 30 and EWG. Just can't decide which I want to try...will probably end up with both
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Page 9 of 164 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast