Thread: SCAR 17 CQC....why or why not?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SCAR 17 CQC....why or why not?

I have had my Scar 17 a while now. Love it. Recently got my Sandman S which I intended to run on my 17. With the stock barrel, it is quite long and a little front heavy. I'm seriously considering sending my barrel to Marvin Pitts or PMM to have it cut down and the FH pinned to 16in OAL. This will make for a much handier rifle with the suppressor. I run a TA11E on my 17s as a battle rifle. I don't get why guys put these big scopes on a 17s. You can get better accuracy with another platform. The SCAR 17 is a friggin battle rifle to me so I want to run it like one suppressed. I realize I will have to mess with the gas jets a bit.

My reservations are the loss in velocity. And how much punch the round will have at a distance. Idon't intend to really ever take shots past 600 yards for sure, and nothing past 300 yards hunting.

I'm looking for some help deciding from guys who have real world expirience with a SCAR 17 CQC at the range, GWOT, and hunting in the states. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by lj_1187; 04-30-17 at 11:06.