Thread: Charleston S.C.

Feedback Score

Charleston S.C.

Work may take me to Charlestown, S.C. next winter.
    Was wondering about outdoor ranges?
    Most seem to be private, that's fine with me.
    As i'm playing with a 6.5 creed moor out to 500 yards would be great.
    Is it a suppressor friendly state?
    Never been

Feedback Score
    Twin Ponds range in the National forest 30 minutes north of Charleston just opened with NRA help. It's not long enough for you, maybe Backwoods Quail Club but I think their limit is 300 yds. There was a guy near me that had a range out to 1000 yds but I dont know if he is still around.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, This is going to be an eye opener for me as I live in Jackson Wy. Semi public range ring steel to 600 yards. or just head out to public lands.
    Suppressor friendly state?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    State is NFA friendly. CWP takes a while to process.

Palmetto Gun Club is the only range around with any distance and is members-only (with a waiting list) unless you are competing.

Twin Ponds and Boggy Head are the 100 yd outdoor ranges in the Francis Marion National Forest. No cost. Please pick up your trash. Bring your own target stands. Watch out for Billy Bob and his untrained band of morons. Twin Ponds is supposed to be staffed now, Boggy Head is still unsupervised and covered in trash. “Rapid fire” is unauthorized, but common.

Palmetto State Armory has a few indoor ranges around. I’ve only been to the one in Summerville which has 25yds rifle side, 15yds pistol side. You can shoot both on the rifle side if you like. No steel or aluminum cases allowed. No green tip. Have to have prior permission to use holster. “Rapid fire” is limited to pairs and triples. Unless you rent a machine gun.

ATP has indoor pistol and rifle sides like PSA. Really cool rental policy, and you can rent used guns also. Flat rate all day no matter how many pistols you sign out. They do not appear to have “rapid fire” or holster prohibitions.
    I frequently see cops training here. No green tip, other 5.56 fmj is only allowed if purchased there.

If you are police/public safety/mil, let me know and I’ll tell you where to buy stuff cheap.