G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 143

Thread: 62 grain BTHP

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    210
    Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    grabbed 500 going to throw some cheap powder at some or make some mexican match out of some green tip....j/k

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    210
    Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    just got my 500 in going to try some tac and 8208 with winnie brass and wolf primers

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    5,194
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fz1boxer View Post
    just got my 500 in going to try some tac and 8208 with winnie brass and wolf primers
    that outta work. Let us know how they do.

    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    1,355
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Might have to check these out. My 16" SS410 seems to really like 69gr SMK but for the price, seems foolish not to give them a whirl. Been using Varget lately, any thoughts on that combo?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    26,111
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Might have to check these out. My 16" SS410 seems to really like 69gr SMK but for the price, seems foolish not to give them a whirl. Been using Varget lately, any thoughts on that combo?
    Varget is too much of an ass ache for .223. Bulk density sucks and metering is a bitch. These bullets seem to be MOA with any good powder. I'd run a user friendly powder like XBR or H322... or even a ball powder if you have a favorite.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    1,355
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have some XBR too. Out of a 16" barrel, what kind of charge are you using and what velocity does it give you?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    26,111
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I have some XBR too. Out of a 16" barrel, what kind of charge are you using and what velocity does it give you?
    24.3 gr of XBR give us 2945 out of a 20" barrel. Generally we chrono everything out of 20" for comparability.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southwest VA
    Posts
    249
    Feedback Score
    0
    I ordered some of these yesterday. Today I started looking around for other sources in case they run out and decide I like them. I can't find any other retailer and Hornady doesn't even list this particular bullet on their website. What's the story on these things? Hornady seeing if they'll sell before they mass produce?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    1,355
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    24.3 gr of XBR give us 2945 out of a 20" barrel. Generally we chrono everything out of 20" for comparability.
    Interesting. So maybe 2750 out of the 16". Only one way to find out!

    Thanks.

    Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    210
    Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    would like to see some gel test,usual 10",14.5 and 20" just to see how or if they are similar to the 77 grain hpbt in terminal ballistics(fragmentation)

    markm-is 24.3/xbr your most accurate or just a baseline loading

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •