Thread: "Neuro priming" tech for HSLD types

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

"Neuro priming" tech for HSLD types

This reads a bit like a info-mercial to me, but claims a study showing benefits (not in mil population however), and being tested on elite SOF types. Product is made by Halo Neuroscience and claims a study published* and the tippy tip of the spear types testing it.

Super SEALs: Elite Units Pursue Brain-Stimulating Technologies

"...Szymanski expanded on his remarks in a brief interview later, saying he has his eye on a number of technologies, including pharmaceutical aids. But the results of one breakthrough involving the direct application of electrical stimulation to the brain have particularly caught his eye.

"In experiments, people who were watching these screens ... their ability to concentrate would fall off in about 20 minutes," Szymanski said. "But they did studies whereby a little bit of electrical stimulation was applied, and they were able to maintain the same peak performance for 20 hours."

Transcranial electrical stimulation was one of the technologies touted by then-Defense Secretary Ash Carter in July 2016 as part of his Defense Innovation Unit (Experimental), or DIUx, initiative. Since then, multiple SEAL units have begun actively testing the effectiveness of the technology, officials with Naval Special Warfare Command told Military.com

"Earlier this year, Naval Special Warfare units, working with DIUx, began a specific cognitive enhancement project with a small group of volunteers to test and evaluate achieving higher performance through the use of neuro-stimulation technology," Capt. Jason Salata, a spokesman for the command, said in a statement.

The elements testing the technology include Naval Special Warfare Development Group, the unit known more popularly as SEAL Team Six. Other teams are also conducting tests, Salata said. He declined to confirm how many operators are participating in the testing, or to cite specific findings to date. But there have been positive outcomes so far, he said.

"Early results show promising signs," he said. "Based on this, we are encouraged to continue and are moving forward with our studies."

The company that makes the brain-stimulating device -- a headset that could be mistaken for a pair of Beats by Dre headphones -- is Halo Neuroscience. And the technology offers not cognitive enhancement, but neuro-priming, Chief Technology Officer and Company Co-Founder Brett Wingeier told Military.com."

Cont:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...=todayinmil.sm

* = No source is supplied in this article. I did email the author.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Very interesting, and a little scary as to the potential of this. Tippy tip of the SOF spear meets tippy tip of man-machine universal soldier iceberg. Recently I just watched the second to last episode in season 3 of Black Mirror on Netflix. This technology could lead to something like what was portrayed in the show I mentioned. On the other hand, I geeked on on stuff like Shadowrun when I was a dorky kid- skillwires and performance enhancing implants to enhance gunslinging and H2H combat were some of my go to character builds.