Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Build tools

Feedback Score
    Okay, bringing this thread back up again. It's been awhile, but just wondering if this particular "Maintenance Field Pack" would be a good buy for "basic" tools for the AR-15/M4?

< M16/M4 Maintenance Field Pack >

I've got some tools, but not the "basic" ones that AR15barrels pictured. I need to get on the ball here.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Ok - necro-thread revive.....
    Long story short - Just did my first FSB taper pins remove and install job.
    Building an A2 rifle, had to change hand guard caps.
    With the Wheeler bench block and a bit of research on 'how to', job it was shockingly easy.

Proving the point that the correct tools for the job witht he right instruction make it easy if not at least do-able.

Would like to see if it is possible to sticky this thread, and add info since it been a while.
    Thanks.
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post
    Long story short - Just did my first FSB taper pins remove and install job.
    Building an A2 rifle, had to change hand guard caps.
    With the Wheeler bench block and a bit of research on 'how to', job it was shockingly easy.

Proving the point that the correct tools for the job witht he right instruction make it easy if not at least do-able.

Would like to see if it is possible to sticky this thread, and add info since it been a while.
    Thanks.
    IG didn’t care for bench blocks for FSB removal, his method is described in the link below in post #7. I’ve used it multiple times and it works like a charm.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ighlight=taper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    IG didn’t care for bench blocks for FSB removal, his method is described in the link below in post #7. I’ve used it multiple times and it works like a charm.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ighlight=taper
    IG was right as usual. After he described his method I started doing it that way and it's worked great for me. Way better than the FSB bench blocks.

Reinstalling the pins in the below pictures, but the set up is the same for removal, just with the other side of the FSB facing up.

I've been using big brass rounds to get them started though, harder to damage anything with them.

Last edited by 556Cliff; 01-05-24 at 13:17.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post

Thanks.

Done. Good idea. Pretty cool to read the names in this thread.

Robb installed a DD rail on a 6920 for me, and only charged me a bottle of nice tequila.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123