Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Best" +2 Magazine extension tube for Remington 870?

Feedback Score

"Best" +2 Magazine extension tube for Remington 870?

Hey guys,

Gotta pick up a +2 Mag extension tube for my 18" Remington 870 Police.
    Which one should I get? I was thinking about just getting the Remington one, however I'm a bit hesitant due to reports of poor finish quality in their 870s in the recent years.
    My 870 is from before Remington was bought out.

Also, will I need to be drilling any holes or dremeling anything out? I've heard that may be needed on Express 870's but not on the older Police Magnum 870s.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Wooohah; 05-18-17 at 01:55.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like the extensions from S&J Hardware: https://sjhardware.com/collections/s...nt=37484492875
    Last edited by austinN4; 12-16-17 at 20:25. Reason: Fixed link

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Nordic tubes for me.. Not sure if the police guns have the dimple or not. If it does don't get caught up in all the shade tree removal methods. The simplest way is to just drill it out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I personally have had a tube break many years ago, while rapid firing some 00 Buck in a Winchester 1300 Riot I had. To make matters worse, it was during a match. Very embarrassing..but just think if it was in a life/death situation.
    Moral of the story: Buy the best you can afford.
    The end.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have had the Wilson +2 for 5-6 years. Although I haven't been using it a whole lot lately, I have never had any issues with it even back when I was shooting it much more.

Feedback Score
    I know, they all cost the same around $50, so its really not a matter of cost. I'm just trying to find the most durable one that will feed nicely.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am using a Remington one on an 870 Express that I drilled the dimple out on. I paired it with one of MagPul's forward sling mounts and it has held up thus far to my abuse. Granted I am just a normal guy so YMMV. No feeding issues, no spring binding, no follower issues, etc.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In 1990, I purchased a Remington 2 shot magazine extension from Brownell's for my work riot gun. I never had any issues with it during training or qualifications. After I retired I mounted it on an old used 870 Police Riot Gun I purchased from Gil Hebard Guns and it still works well.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    http://www.sageinternationalltd.com/SIL/MET.html

I have had a Sage 3 shot extension since 2015 that has been working with no issues in 3 gun. Fairly similar in design to the Remington extensions.

Here is some info from their customer service on questions I had after receiving it.

"The end caps are pressed and pinned in place. All of our magazine extension tube kits are manufactured this way to prevent an air-lock from occurring when you load the shotgun."

"All of our MET kits are finished with black nitride. The website may not have the most up to date description. You are correct in that the finish is tougher and also looks better."

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Wilson has their 2 shot extension on sale for only $36! http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/E...SGET%2DRH%2D2/
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast