Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Best" +2 Magazine extension tube for Remington 870?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Wilson has their 2 shot extension on sale for only $36! http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/E...SGET%2DRH%2D2/
    Good price!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Good price!
    It really is. I ordered the two shot extension and oversized safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I went with the S&J Hardware Jumbo Safety: https://sjhardware.us/product/reming...-jumbo-safety/

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I went with the S&J Hardware Jumbo Safety: https://sjhardware.us/product/reming...-jumbo-safety/
    I want one of their 870 bayonet lug adapters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have very good results with this companies products. http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/02-01-10
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The S&J is sort of the "Goldilocks" of jumbo head 870 safeties- the Wilson protrudes the least, the Vang protrudes the most, and the S&J falls somewhere between. Which one is best is very dependent on an individual's hand. I personally found the Vang almost unusable due to how much it pressed into the base of my trigger finger, while the Wilson didn't "automatically" go "off-safe" for me. The S&J was "almost just right." Eventually, I returned to the Wilson not because it was functionally better, but only because it didn't cause my hand as much discomfort.

(Getting old sucks. So does the only other alternative.)

toc

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangecat View Post
    The S&J is sort of the "Goldilocks" of jumbo head 870 safeties- the Wilson protrudes the least, the Vang protrudes the most, and the S&J falls somewhere between.
    My reasons also. I had a Vang on my previous 870 and it was too much. So I went with the S&J on my current 870 and like it lots better, and easier for me to use than the Wilson.

And, yes, getting old sucks.
    Last edited by austinN4; 12-20-17 at 19:01.

Feedback Score
    I'm also looking for a +2 extension for an 870 but I'm looking for one that is a two piece design. What options are there?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoops View Post
    I'm also looking for a +2 extension for an 870 but I'm looking for one that is a two piece design. What options are there?
    The Nordics are 3 piece. Nut, tube and cap. As much as I like Nordic it would be hard to justify the cost for just a plus 2.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoops View Post
    This is a bit necro, but I have used a GGG two piece (nut/tube + cap) for a few years without a problem. I do not miss the barrel clamp.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12